Mishkaki (kebab). One of the greatest things to eat in Tanzania is mishkaki. It's the Tanzanian version of the skewered shish kebab. Mishkaki is a creation that contains a little African, a little Middle Eastern, and a little Indian influence to it.
The kebabs appeared to be some kind of sausage and was also very good. The vegetable delight was a half of a tomato filled with caramelized onion, mushrooms, pepper, and covered with cheese.the tomato was firm but cooked perfectly. Mishkai is usually grilled on the charcoal bbq to give that Smokey flavour. You can have Mishkaki (kebab) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Mishkaki (kebab)
- It’s 250 g of beef meat.
- It’s 2 tbs of Tamarind paste.
- You need 1 of quarter tsp black pepper, cumin, and chilli powder.
- Prepare Half of tsp Chibundiro.
- You need 1 tbs of ginger garlic paste.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s Half of tsp turmeric.
- It’s Table spoon of cooking oil.
It can be done on gas bbq, I did it on my ninja grill and it came out soft, juice. Spicy and succulent skewered cubes of beef are slowly grilled over hot charcoals to impart a delicious, smoky aroma to this popular East African delicacy. Need something to pair this with? Complete your BBQ with a side of colourful grilled vegetables or salad.
Mishkaki (kebab) step by step
- Make marination paste by mixing tamarind, oil, salt, black pepper, cumin, ginger garlic paste, chilli and Chibundiro. Set a side a little of this paste to be used during roasting.
- Cut your meat into cubes, and in the marination paste and mix well until all the pieces of meat are covers with the marination paste..
- Refrigerate the meat marinated over night for betterarr.
- Arrange your meat in the skewers, adding veges like onions, carrots, green pepper in between the meat as shown in the diagram.
- Roast your meat in medium to low heat, brushing once in a while with the remaining marination paste. The will make the meat moist..
- Serve when ready with an accompanied of your favorite side dish..
Add some whole-grain rice or chapati on the side for non-dieters, and round out your dinner with sliced ripe tropical fruit, such as mango, and a cup of Masala Tea or Kenyan Chai. Method: Marinate the beef with all the above ingredients for about half an hour or more depending on how tough your beef. Beef Mishkaki at Samosa Hut & Grill "One of my favorite restaurants with Pakistani food (with a slight twist) here in the DFW metroplex! Their kebab grill platter is always a hit for me! Specifically the Beef Mishkaki and the ultimate short… I miss mombasa mshkaki, i was so exited when i came accross this mishkaki recipe on chachiskitchen blog.