Mixed seekh kebab. Seekh kebab actually means kebab on a skewer, made with minced meat mixed with few spices and formed into cylinders on skewers then grilled. Traditionally seekh kebabs are made on a barbecue grill or in a tandoor over coals, which adds more color and flavor to the kebabs. But everybody doesn't own a grill or tandoor at home.
Flatten the grounded meat in a thin layer around each skewer with wet hand. Galouti, shami, chapli, tunday, kakori- there are so many kinds of kebabs that we may have lost the count. One of our all-time favourite kebabs is mutton seekh kebab. You can cook Mixed seekh kebab using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Mixed seekh kebab
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced mutton.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced chicken.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion (remove onion juice).
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry mango powder(or 1/2 tsp black salt).
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 1/4 of dry ginger powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of besan.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of cashew paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh cream.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s As required of few Coriander leaves.
Mixed Seekh Kebabs; Mixed Seekh Kebabs. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. These are also called veg seekh kabab. Skewers are called seekh hence the name.
Mixed seekh kebab step by step
- If you have whole meat, blend it in a mixer. Else directly follow the process. In a bowl add minced meat and mix well with your hands..
- No add all the dry masala except besan and the wet ingredients and mix well along with onions and green chillies..
- Now add cashew paste, fresh cream, egg yolk and add required amount of besan so the meat binds well. Add required salt and set it in refrigerator for minimum 1hour and max 4hrs..
- Now skew the kebabs in a skewers and roast it on a charcoal grill untill completely cooked and brown. Keep oiling kebabs as required..
- Once cooked, remove the kebabs and serve with lemons and curd mint chutney..
- Note: You can use single meat as well..
These seekh kababs are traditionally made from lamb and chicken meat. But we are taking the vegetarian route here and making it from mixed vegetables. Many adds beans, lentils or soya chunks to make vegetarian version of kababs. Traditionally seekh kabab is the is ground meat mixed with various spices to make it delicious and tasty then thread in a skewer (known as seekh) in Urdu and Hindi. Then you can make it on bbq, grill, oven, and pan.