Politiko yiaourtlou kebab. Great recipe for Politiko yiaourtlou kebab. I tried this dish in Constantinople (Istanbul). I remember that I persisted in asking our tour guide to get the recipe.
I remember that I persisted in asking our tour guide to get the recipe. The result was for the chef to come out of his kitchen and share the recipe with the whole of our group. We were a large group and had reserved the whole restaurant for our meal. You can have Politiko yiaourtlou kebab using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Politiko yiaourtlou kebab
- Prepare 500 g of – 600 g ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter (you can use olive oil).
- It’s 2-3 of sweet red peppers (the ones that come in a jar).
- You need of vinegar.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of cumin powder.
- You need of coriander.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- It’s of allspice.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s of sweet red pepper.
- You need of black pepper (you can use boukovo -hot paprika flakes- or chili pepper).
- It’s of salt.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of water.
- It’s of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 of ripe tomatoes or 1 can (500 g) diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of oregano.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- It’s of Yogurt sauce.
- Prepare of sheep's milk yogurt (200 g per person).
- You need 1 of little spearmint.
- Prepare 4-6 of pita breads.
Kebab Yiaourtlou, is a dish made with ground lamb or veal or a mixture of both, kneaded together with onion, garlic, and spices, then packed by hand around skewers and grilled. Kofta kebab is one of the most popular dishes in Greece, served in every tavern and for This is a traditional lamb kofta kebab recipe with. Politiko yiaourtlou kebab; Μεθυσμένη φράουλα; Eui's sweet; Κέικ φράουλα Άννα-Μαρία Μπαρού; Τραγανά μπισκότα; Σάμαλι πολίτικο, συνταγή ζαχαροπλαστείου; Στεφάνι κανέλας με μήλα για τη γιορτή της μητέρας We love their halloumi 'kourkouti' drizzled in grape syrup, their pork 'cotsi' with lemon infused chicken, and 'politiko' kebab (yiaourtlou), while many rave about their moussaka made with a special 'Katoi' twist! It's a good restaurant with tasty options for almost everybody.
Politiko yiaourtlou kebab step by step
- Place the ground meat in a bowl together with the egg, the breadcrumbs, the vinegar, the oil, the spices and the garlic. The amount of spices that you are going to use depends on you. If you want the garlic to have a mild flavor, remove the garlic gem..
- Place the sweet red peppers in a blender toghether with the water and when they are blended to a pulρ add them to the ground meat mixture..
- Place in the fridge for 45-50 minutes to get firm because you won't be able to form it otherwise due to its liquids..
- In the meantime, prepare the tomato sauce. Sauté the onion in a small pot with a little water so that the sauce is lighter. When the water evaporates, lightly sauté with olive oil, add the can of tomatoes or fresh tomatoes if you have any, grated. Add salt, pepper, oregano, cinnamon, a little water and let it boil for 20-30 minutes..
- For the yogurt sauce, just mix the sheep's milk yogurt with the spearmint..
- Grill the kebabs, oil the pita breads slightly and grill those as well for a little while. When they are ready cut into small pieces and mix them with the yogurt and the spearmint..
- To serve it, place a portion of the yogurt mixture with the pita bread on the plate, then the kebabs on top and pour the tomato sauce over them..
The only problem is that it's kind of. Traditional Cypriot cuisine with a twist in the heart of the Cypriot wine-producing region! Have you tried our unique culinary creations? Politiko yiaourtlou kebab; Μεθυσμένη φράουλα; Eui's sweet; Μουσακάς με αγκινάρες; Κέικ φράουλα Άννα-Μαρία Μπαρού; Τραγανά μπισκότα; Σάμαλι πολίτικο, συνταγή ζαχαροπλαστείου; Κότσι γλασαρισμένο με σόγια σως. Search, Find Ideas Recipes For Cooking.