Jackfruit kofta. When the jackfruit season is in, everybody clamours for the fruit, but only the wise know the value of the raw form! Raw jackfruit has a rustic taste, which if handled properly gives rise to many wondrous recipes. The kofta has a very different mouth-feel because of the texture of.
This is a Bengali Curry where Koftas are made from jackfruit and then added to a delicious tomato and coconut gravy. Though the vegetable is little complicated to cut and clean but it is so easily available in market with approaching summer time. Jackfruit which is called as kathal or echor in Bengali makes great koftas and these kathal koftas can give malai koftas a run for its money! You can have Jackfruit kofta using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Jackfruit kofta
- Prepare 300 gms of jackfruit.
- Prepare 3 of medium sized potato.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need 4 of onion sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- You need 2 of big sized tomato puri.
- It’s 2 tsp of kharbooj ke beej soaked in warm water.
- It’s 11/4 tbsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 of kasturi red chilli powder.
- Prepare of As required Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of suger or 2tsp malai.
- You need of For Kofta balls.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger grated 1/4 tsp termaric powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Kathal or raw jackfruit is a very popular vegetable across India. Of course, every region has its own unique style to make it and today I bring the kathal kofta curry in the way we make it at home. How to make Kathal Kofta (Jackfruit Curry Kofta) Wash jack fruit thoroughly. Grease your hands with some oil and then cut jack fruit in big chunks.
Jackfruit kofta step by step
- First, take a bowl add boiled potato & jackfruit and all dry ingredient mix well keep aside..
- Now make all balls equally then deep fry till golden brown. Now take a khadai put on flame add some oil add onion saute till light brown now make a paste..
- Now, put kadhai put on flame add oil and onion paste salt saute few mins, add tomato puree saute again for few min now add all dry ingredients cook for few mins add dahi or malai mix well cook till oil becomes separate,now add water add koftas and cook for few sec serve it with own choice of paratha,puri or pulao..
Allow the steam to escape and then open the lid. Allow the jack fruit chunks to cool. Chef Ajay Chopra in his recipe of Kathal (Jackfruit) Kofte shows how to make Kofta Curry by using Jackfruit. This Kofta Curry is delectable and has a unique taste. Kathal kofta ki curry is a flavoursome vegetarian side dish which is made from jackfruit.