Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can have Malai kofta using 34 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- Prepare For of kofta balls.
- Prepare 1 cup of Crumbled paneer (150gms).
- You need 2 of large boiled potatoes crumbled.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 1 Tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 Tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raisins/corn/Cashews (chopped) optional.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need As per taste of Salt as/ taste.
- You need For of gravy-.
- You need 2 of medium sized cubed tomatoes.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion cubed.
- Prepare 6-7 of cashews.
- Prepare 4-5 of almonds.
- It’s 4 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s Others of ingredients–.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Kasuri methi.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of cream.
- You need As required of Oil when needed.
- It’s 1-2 of bay leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick (optional).
- Prepare 2 of cardamoms (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of asaefaeda (heeng).
- You need 1 Tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- Prepare As required of Salt.
- Prepare As needed of Water.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta instructions
- To a mixing bowl add crumbled potatoes, paneer, corn flour, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, ginger paste, coriander leaves etc..
- You can add corn, cashews, raisins, stuff them in the balls or cheese if you prefer..
- Make them to smoth balls, fry them in medium flame until it turns golden and crisp, drain them on a kitchen tissue..
- Prepare malai- Heat a pan with 1tbsp oil add onion, cashews, almonds, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves Saute them until the onions turns light golden..
- Then add tomatoes and saute until they turn soft..
- Cool them completely, do not blend it hot, now add them to blender and make a fine puree/ paste..
- Now heat a pan and add jeera, asaefaeda, turmeric, tomato puree saute for a min or until the raw smell goes away.
- Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, garam masala. Do not over burn.
- You can add all the dry ingredients into the pure and then transfer it to oil, cover it with lid and cook for 3 min stir occasionally..
- Now add water as per you need and cook covered until the gravy thickens and traces of oil are seen..
- Now add kasuri methi and check salt and spice..
- Lower the flame, pour cream and mix well..
- Add koftas Just before serving otherwise they will not remain crispy.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves or cream to give it a final touch and your recipe is ready.
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.