Seekh kebabs. In a bowl mix together the mutton mince and the chicken mince. Add ginger-garlic paste to it along with onion paste, red chilli powder,. While seekh kabab is best made and eaten fresh, the raw mix can be prepared in advance and frozen.
These flavorful bites of lamb or beef are made with freshly ground whole spices. Also, when I make kebabs (Indian or Greek) I often use half ground lamb, half ground beef – the flavor is really excellent, and the meat stays a little more moist than if using just lamb. I serve these on warm split naan breads or paratha with a drizzle of cucumber raita. You can have Seekh kebabs using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seekh kebabs
- You need 150 gm of meat (keema).
- It’s 100 gm of chicken minced.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of pepper, powdered.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cashew paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of besan.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Traditionally seekh kabab is the is ground meat mixed with various spices to make it delicious and tasty then thread in a skewer (known as seekh) in Urdu and Hindi. Then you can make it on bbq, grill, oven, and pan. The classical method is to prepare this kabab on bbq. My family and I are personally in love with this kebab, especially at dinner.
Seekh kebabs instructions
- In a bowl mix together the meat mince and the chicken mince. Mix them with your hands.Add ginger-garlic paste to it along with onion paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, powdered pepper, dried mango powder, saunth, oil, cashew paste and cream. Mix nicely..
- Add besan (chickpea flour) and egg yolk to bind. Mix well.Add salt to taste. Mix. Cover and keep in the fridge for 1 hour.Skewer the kebabs onto oiled skewers and grill or roast till the outside is nicely browned..
- Baste frequently with oil while grilling.Once the kebabs are cooked, remove to a serving platter and garnish with onion rings, fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Seekh kebab is a type of kebab, popular in South Asia, made with spiced minced or ground meat, usually lamb, beef, or chicken, formed into cylinders on skewers and grilled. It is typically cooked on a mangal or barbecue, or in a tandoor. Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. It takes a bit of time to work out your limits for the spices but he was bang on.