Turkish Beef Adana Kebabs. Adana kebab (ah-DAH'-nah keh-BOB'-uh) is the signature dish named after one of Turkey's most famous kebab cities, Adana. This dish is made with ground beef or lamb kneaded together with onion, garlic, and Turkish spices, then packed by hand around large, flat metal skewers. When the kebabs are placed on the grill, the fat drips from the meat causing it to bind together.
Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat, and brush the grates or pan lightly with oil. Easy to assemble, quick to grill, its satisfying delectable flavor makes it a favorite dish year-round. Köfte are meatball recipes found in many middle eastern and eastern European cuisines. You can have Turkish Beef Adana Kebabs using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Turkish Beef Adana Kebabs
- You need of 🌻For Mincemeat:.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of beef mincemeat / lamb / mutton.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of red chilli powder or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of All spices.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Cumin seeds roasted & crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mace powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Ginger & garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fried onion.
- You need of 🌻For Coating Kebabs:.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of Mint leaves chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of Coriander chopped.
- It’s 3-4 of Green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green Capsicum finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Red Capsicum finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- You need of 🌻For Serving:.
- You need of Thinly sliced red onion.
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of Tomatoes chopped.
- You need of Cucumber chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Sumac.
- You need Pinch of salt & black pepper.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Pita bread (optional).
Adana Kebab is one the most delicious and famous kebab variety of Turkish cuisine. Its popularity has already reached the corners of the world. It is called as 'Adana Kebab' because its originally found in Adana city of Turkey. How to make Adana Kebab: · In a large mixing bowl add lamb and veal. · Then add minced bell peppers and onions to the bowl. · Add all the spices and mix well. · Cover and put in fridge(or somewhere cool) for overnight.(Or wait for few hours) · Mix lemon juice, sumac and red onion in small bowl cover and put in the fridge. · Using your hands shape mixture into long and flat Adana Kebab shape.
Turkish Beef Adana Kebabs instructions
- Add mincemeat in food processor and all spices, fried onion,ginger & garlic paste and grind 2-3 times well..
- Transfer in mixing bowl cover and rest in refrigerator about for 20 -30 minutes..
- Pre-heat oven 250°C. On tray or a big flat plate add finely chopped onion,red & green capsicum, green chillies, mint & coriander leaves, red chilli flakes and mix well..
- Grease hands with oil,take a mixture and make kababs of equal sizes on skewers then coat in mixed vegetables (makes 10-12)..
- Bake in pre-heated oven about 10-15 minutes or till cook through completely..
- Take a mixing bowl add all serving ingredients mix well.
- Enjoy ! Adana kebab With sauce & salads. 👩🍳.
Knead by hand or in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until mixture turns tacky and starts sticking to the side of the bowl. Kebabs will be done when they feel spongy. When done place kebab inside of pita. top with yogurt sauce and sliced red onion mixture. This can also be served with a side of Turkish Pilaf. The Food Lab: How to Make Adana Kebabs (Turkish Ground Lamb Kebabs) The Food Lab.