Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can have Malai kofta using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- You need 100 grams of boiled potatoes.
- You need 100 grams of paneer.
- It’s 2 of medium sized of onion.
- You need 1 of red tomato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of kasuri methi.
- Prepare 4 of green chillies.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 14 of fresh malai (cream).
- You need as per taste of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need as required of Finely chopped green coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cornflour.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta step by step
- Firstly with chopped onion fine add the oil in pan becoming soft the onion and make a fine paste with tomatoes green chillies. This paste put assignment at them ginger garlic paste..
- Now make a dough of paneer and potatoes add salt green coriander green chillies corn flour mix properly and make a smooth dough.
- Fried the ball of kofta and put aside now we will make gravy..
- Same pan of onion add them paste of gravy 1st add cumin seed cracker the seeds after then add paste. Looking all separate at the kofta balls and garnished by find job green coriander leaves..
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.