Cabbage kofta curry. Cabbage kofta recipe With step by step photos – cabbage kofta is a rich and delicious curry dish, very popular in north India. Koftas are fried dumplings that can be made from different vegetables like lauki (bottle gourd), carrots, zucchini, spinach, potatoes or even mix vegetables. Cabbage Kofta Curry is actually a good Mughlai recipe with less fat coupled with cabbage and channa dal made in spiced yoghurt saucy gravy.
Recipe with cabbage- I have thickly grated cabbage. You can also chop it finely. Other Ingredients- I have used gram flour, ginger, curd and other spices. You can cook Cabbage kofta curry using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage kofta curry
- Prepare 250 gm of cabbage.
- Prepare 2 of boiled potato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of besan.
- It’s 2 tbsp of wheatflour.
- It’s 1 tsp of redchillipowder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pav bhaji masala.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need 2 of tomato puree.
- You need 5-6 of cashew.
- It’s 1 stick of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of cardamom.
- It’s 6-7 of black pepper.
- You need 1 inch of "ginger.
- It’s 2 of greenchilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 2 of red chilli.
- You need 2 tbsp of freshcream.
- You need as required of Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
Kofta lovers will also like Soya Kofta and Loki kofta. Cabbage kofta can be enjoyed with a gravy as kofta curry. Just add your kofta in your favorite gravy. Cabbage kofta curry is delicious, healthy and not too spicy curry.
Cabbage kofta curry instructions
- Take a mixing bowl add chopped cabbage,boiled potato,besan,wheat flour,turmeric powder,red chilli,salt, pav bhaji masala, green corrienderlenleaves mix well to make ball & steam the balls..
- Heat oil & deep fry the balls..
- To make a paste of tomato,ginger,green chilli,coriander seeds,cumin seeds,green cardamom,cinnamon,black pepper.To make a paste of cashew..
- Heat.a kadhei add oil,pour the tomato paste sauteed 1-2 mints.A dd turmeric powder,red chilli powder &salt mix it well,sauteed another mints.Now add cashew paste mix it well &cook nicely..
- Add a cup of water.W Whenever water stated boiling put the cabbage kofta & corrienderleaves &cover 1-2mints..
- Now heat a tadka pan put 1tbsp ghee.off the flame,put 1tsp garam masala &pour on the kofta curry.Add fresh cream.Cabbage kofta curry is ready to serve..
Preparing the curry is very simple and easy to cook. Once done, drain the water from the cabbage and channa dal through a muslin cloth and keep the water aside. Cabbage Kofta Curry Recipe is simple, easy yet delicious. Cabbage kofta is flavorful, rich dish which can be served with roti, chapati or rice. Koftas are basically fried dumplings which can be made with many vegetables.