Made in the Microwave with Pancake Mix! Easy Chocolate Cake. Great recipe for Made in the Microwave with Pancake Mix! How To Make A Mug Cake Using Pancake Mix. If you don't want to make a microwave pancake from scratch, you can totally use pancake mix.
I should probably call it, " mug pancake" but that just sounds weird to me like I rolled up a pancake and stuck it in a mug like a rosette or something. Why is a breakfast mug cake a good idea? So now my teenage son can make himself breakfast in a mug. You can have Made in the Microwave with Pancake Mix! Easy Chocolate Cake using 16 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Made in the Microwave with Pancake Mix! Easy Chocolate Cake
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 45 grams of Sugar.
- You need 40 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 15 ml of Milk.
- You need 20 grams of Margarine.
- You need 1 of approx. 6 drops Vanilla Oil (or Vanilla Extract).
- It’s of Ganache cream for decorating.
- Prepare 55 grams of Chocolate bar.
- Prepare 40 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need of Syrup (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need of An example for decoration.
- Prepare 1 of Strawberries.
- You need 6 of leaves Mint leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of Powdered sugar.
And does it look yummy or what! Tips and Tricks to making Chocolate Cake in the Microwave: You can substitute the eggs with apple sauce, buttermilk, or banana. For quantities reference my Egg Substitute Chart.; Use any type of yogurt e.g./ plain, Greek, or even dairy free; Don't be tempted to use hot chocolate powder instead of cocoa powder. They are not the same thing.
Made in the Microwave with Pancake Mix! Easy Chocolate Cake instructions
- Boil water, and pour it into a big bowl. Leave the hot water to cool down until it is about 60°C/140°F (hot when you put your finger in)..
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk well. Place the bowl with eggs over the bowl from Step 1, add sugar in 2-3 portions and whip up..
- When the egg mixture sticks to the whisk when lifted up, remove the bowl from the double boiler..
- Further whip up the mixture until the mixture thickens so that you can draw a line with the mixture when you lift up the whisk..
- Add the pancake mix and fold it in quickly with a rubber spatula to evenly dissolve it..
- Put margarine and milk in a heat-resistance container, cover with plastic wrap and heat up in a 500 W microwave for about 40 seconds and melt the margarine..
- Add Step 6 by pouring the mixture over the rubber spatula into Step 5 and mix gently..
- Add vanilla oil and mix gently and lightly..
- Pour Step 8 into a heat-resistant container such as a plastic container until it's 80 percent full..
- You can make this in many shapes as long as the container is heat-resistant..
- Put one container at a time in the microwave and heat up in a 500 W for about 1 minute. (How long to heat up depends on the size of the container. Refer to the Helpful Hints.).
- After heating up, slide a knife in between the container and the sponge and take the sponge cake out..
- Quickly cover the sponge cake with a plastic wrap and leave it to cool down slightly. Boil water..
- Make the ganache cream. Break the chocolate bars into a bowl and melt it over a double boiler..
- Warm up the heavy cream a little bit over a double boiler as well..
- Add about 1/3 of the warm cream to the melted chocolate, and mix well..
- It will clump up, but keep mixing until the mixture becomes shiny. Then add 1/2 of the cream and mix well..
- Further add the rest of the cream, and mix well..
- When the mixture becomes smooth and the cream becomes even, the ganache cream is ready..
- Make some syup if you like. Put water and sugar in a heat-resistant container and heat it up in a 500 W microwave for about 40 seconds to let the sugar melt..
- Unwrap the sponge cake and cut into 2 slices using a bread knife..
- Spread the ganache cream from Step 19 to one side of the cake with a knife..
- Spread some syrup from Step 20 onto the side of the other sponge cake with a spoon if you like and let the sponge absorb the syrup well..
- Stick the two pieces of cake together so that the side with the ganache is in the middle..
- Spread the ganache cream along the entire surface of the cake..
- Gently transfer the cake onto a plate or to a tray for a cake box, and make some stripes with a fork onto the whole surface..
- Cut the strawberry into small pieces..
- Decorate with strawberry and mint. Sprinkle some powdered sugar for the finishing touch and it's ready..
- I made the sponge cake using a round container and decorated it like so..
- Using the remaining heavy cream… Why not try making an Easy Baked Custard Pudding?..
Step One: Pour ½ cup Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix into coffee mug. Step Two: Pour ¼ cup cold water (or milk for an extra two grams of protein) into coffee mug. Step Five (optional): Top with pure maple syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit, etc. To make pancakes in a microwave oven, start by mixing the flour, egg, butter, and milk together in a bowl. Next, cover a regular dinner plate with a thin coat of butter or nonstick cooking spray to prevent the batter from sticking to it.