Veg Shammi Kebabs. The Vegetarian Shami Kebab Recipe is also popularly known as the Chane Ke Kebab is a very simple recipe to make and it's wholesome too. The kebabs are packed with proteins from the chickpeas and flavored with fennel and chaat masala. You can make these kebabs with either kala chana (dark brown chickpeas) or the kabuli chana (regular chickpeas), either ways you get a great texture and taste. as i mentioned previously, shami kabab recipe can be prepared in myriad ways with several ingredients. this recipe is mainly prepared with vegetarian ingredients for the non-meat eaters. but the most popular is still with the meat, especially with the chicken meat. having said that, the meat-based kebab still uses the black chickpeas and the egg yolk to bind the meat and finally to shape it.
You can make these with green peas when green chickpeas are not in season. Veg Shammi Kebab is an amazing appetizer that will surely be prepared on a regular rotation in your house. Easy to prepare at home, this snack recipe is a staple for all those who love vegetarian kebabs. You can have Veg Shammi Kebabs using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Veg Shammi Kebabs
- It’s 1 cup of chickpeas.
- You need 2 of onions finely chopped.
- You need 2 of green chillies finely chopped.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic pods.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coriander finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of mint leaves finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chat masala.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Gram flour.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s As required of Oil for shallow frying.
- You need Few of Onions as salad.
- Prepare As required of Any Raita to serve with.
It is popularly believed that kebabs are mostly non-vegetarian. Contrary to this, Nadru Shammi Kebab is a delicious vegetarian kebab dish that makes for a great starter at parties. This easy recipe originates from the hilly state of Kashmir. The main ingredient of this quick kebab recipe is 'Nadru', that is lotus stem or bhey as it is also.
Veg Shammi Kebabs step by step
- Wash and Soak chana for 4-5 hours. Cook in pressure cooker with enough salt and water. Once cooked drain water and sprad on cloth for 5-10 mins. Add this chana into mixer jar. Add garlic pods too. Make coarse mixture..
- Take this mixture in a plate. Add in chopped green chillies, chopped coriander and minl leaves, all dry masala, gram flour and lemon juice. Add salt to taste. Mix well..
- Grease your hands with oil. Make kebabs with the dough..
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in all kebabs. Fry on one side until golden grown and crispy. Turn and fry on another side too. Put on spatula to drain off excess oil..
- Serve with salad and raita…
Carefully place a few shammi kebabs into the hot oil without overcrowding the kadhai. Remove with a slotted spoon, letting oil drip away, and place on kitchen paper so that excess oil can be absorbed. Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe – About Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe: When it comes to starters, Chicken Shami Kebab is one of the best non-vegetarian snacks to be served. You will not only love eating it, but also enjoy cooking this quick snack. Shami kebabs are succulent minced chicken/lamb with chana dal with spicy masala filling inside and crispy fried on the outside.