Jackfruit kofta curry. When the jackfruit season is in, everybody clamours for the fruit, but only the wise know the value of the raw form! Raw jackfruit has a rustic taste, which if handled properly gives rise to many wondrous recipes. The kofta has a very different mouth-feel because of the texture of.
Though the vegetable is little complicated to cut and clean but it is so easily available in market with approaching summer time. Jackfruit which is called as kathal or echor in Bengali makes great koftas and these kathal koftas can give malai koftas a run for its money! Kathal or raw jackfruit is a very popular vegetable across India. You can cook Jackfruit kofta curry using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Jackfruit kofta curry
- You need of For kofta.
- You need 500 gram of peeled and boiled green jackfruit.
- You need 100 gram of besan(gram flour).
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of dry methi(fenugreek leaves).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Fresh coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red Chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Fried cumin powder.
- It’s 100 gm100 of Onion (chopped and fried).
- Prepare of For Gravy.
- It’s 100 gram of Cashew.
- It’s 50 gram of Watermelon seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Tomato medium size.
- Prepare 100 gm of Curd.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger (cut into small pieces).
- You need 3 tsp of Garlic cloves Grated.
- It’s 100 gm of onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Chilli powder.
Of course, every region has its own unique style to make it and today I bring the kathal kofta curry in the way we make it at home. Kathal ke kofte, a good option of meat for vegetarians. A very good option of meat for vegetarians, jackfruit Kofta curry is something very different and a must try. It is different from run of the mill Malai koftas.
Jackfruit kofta curry instructions
- Firstly mash the boil jackfruit and mix it with the ingredients of kofta,which is given above..
- Then deep fry the kofta with mustard or refined oil..
- Making of kofta curry. Heat 4 tablespoons of butter in a pan or thick bottom pan.Add whole garam masala.Saute for few seconds.Then add chopped onions, ten whole ginger garlic, cashew, watermelon seeds.Stir it still it become brown. Then add tomatoes and salt.Stir and keep this gravy aside for cooking. Thereafter make a thik paste of it in a grinder..
- Now,put 2 teaspoons of butter or ghee into kadai and add the thick gravy.Stir and add curd then add koftas,simmer the heat,stir and cover it for 1 minute..
- Garnish with fresh coriander,ghee or fresh cream.Serve hot jackfruit kofta with basmati rice,naan or kulcha..
The shahi gravy is prepared using saffron, coconut milk, broken wheat /dalia powder nd cashew nuts. How to make Kathal Kofta (Jackfruit Curry Kofta) Wash jack fruit thoroughly. Grease your hands with some oil and then cut jack fruit in big chunks. Allow the steam to escape and then open the lid. Allow the jack fruit chunks to cool.