Chapli Kebab. Chapli kebab is a form of kebabs widely popular in Pakistan. Mixed together with a South Asian blend of spices, the beef is flattened into circles and shallow-fried. The patty must have a charred exterior for an authentic look and flavor!
It originates from Peshawar, in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan, and is also known in KPK as the Pekhawri Chapli Kabab or Peshawari Chapli Kabab. The Pekhawri Chapli Kabab is made with beef and is a popular. These spicy Indian Chapli Kebabs will leave you wanting more! You can have Chapli Kebab using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Chapli Kebab
- It’s 200 of gms. mutton mince.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of red capsicum, finely chopped.
- You need 4 tsp. of onion paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lime juice.
- You need 2 tsp. of coriander leaves chopped.
- You need 1.5 tbsp. of maize flour or corn meal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin seeds, crushed.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of coriander seeds, crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp. of pomegranate seeds, dried & crushed.
- You need 1 pinch of baking soda(optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil,for frying.
- You need 2 tsp. of water.
They're super delicious doesn't require any ingredients that are difficult to find! We both absolutely love Indian/Pakistani cuisine, and these kebabs are definitely one of our favorites! Chapli Kabab is a Pakhtun styled Pakistani minced kebab, originated from Peshawar. It is made from minced mutton or beef with added spices and shaped into a form of round patty.
Chapli Kebab step by step
- Add water to the mince, & mix well. Add rest of the ingredients. Mix and rub well with the palm of your hands. Keep in fridge for 4 hours. Keep outside 20 minutes before frying..
- Grease hands with oil & take small rolls from mince and flatten slightly to form round patties. Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry on both sides till kebabs are golden brown. Drain & serve hot, accompanied with mint chutney and lime wedges..
The dish basically originated from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and is also commonly known as Peshawari Kabab. It is a well known BBQ or street food throughout eaten all across the country, specially in KPK and other parts. Chapli Kabab is a popular minced meat Kabab that's cooked in Pashtun style and resembles a disc shaped patty. It's cooked with either beef, lamb or chicken keema that's flavored with few oriental spices. Chapli Kabab originates in Peshawar, which is at present north-west Pakistan.