Greek inspired Kofta. These Lamb Koftas are a firm favourite. There's something about the smell of Middle Eastern spices sizzling over hot charcoals. It's intoxicating and you just know that whatever comes off the grill is.
Kofta kebab Giaourtlou (alternative serving with yogurt sauce) Alternatively you can serve the kofta kebabs with tomato sauce and Greek yogurt (kebab giaourtlou). To make the Lamb Koftas: Mix together lamb mince, parsley, garlic, Gregg's Ground Cumin and Gregg's Ground Coriander. Form each ball around the pointed end of a skewer. You can cook Greek inspired Kofta using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Greek inspired Kofta
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground chuck.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of marjoram.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coarse pink Himalayan salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare As needed of oil to fry Kofta.
- It’s To taste of your favorite condiment I used Sriracha chili garlic sa.
Koftas are really tasty and a bit like a meatball of a skewer. In fact, these can always be made off the skewers as meatballs if you wanted to switch them up a bit. I originally found this recipe in a British cooking magazine. From doner kebabs to minty Greek-style koftas, we've got plenty of inspiration.
Greek inspired Kofta step by step
- Heat oil.
- Mix the ground chuck, onions, salt, marjoram, and garlic..
- Take and add Himalayan salt, rosemary and thyme in a mortar..
- Crush it.
- Add to the mixture of ground chuck.
- Mix it up good.
- Take a third pound of the meat and form a cylinder like form I used cooking film / stretch wrap.
- This makes six. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum..
- Take flour and coat the sticks..
- Add to the hot oil.
- Turn as needed.
- Move to paper towels to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Serve on hotdog buns, hoagie rolls, or as is.
- I hope you enjoy!!.
Pair charred, juicy lamb on skewers with the freshness and bite of crunchy garden vegetables in a pickled dressing.. Prepare the lamb meatballs: In a medium bowl, combine all of the lamb ingredients and mix well. Form the mixture into golf ball-sized ovals and attach each to a small skewer. Set on a nonstick baking sheet. Lay the skewered kofta kebabs on a tray lined with parchment paper; Place the kofta kebabs on the lightly oiled, heated gas grill.