Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can cook Malai kofta using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- Prepare 2 of Boil potato.
- You need 100 GM of paneer.
- It’s 2 of Onion Big.
- It’s 2 of Green chilies.
- You need 4 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger,Garlic paste.
- You need 10/12 of Casumuts paste( kaju soke in milk).
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk and cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cornflower.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta instructions
- Take a pan add oil than put roughly chopped onion and saute till light brown than add Green chilli, chopped tomato and cook for 5 to 6 min switch off the gas and cool it than mash with blender properly..
- Again take a pan put little oil add ginger garlic paste saute well than add All spices and mix add mash pury,kaju paste,milk and cream cook till oil comes out And add half cup water and cook..Gravy is ready.
- Mash potato and paneer than add salt,little red chilli and chopped Coriander,corn flour and mix than make koftas which shape u want and fry till golden fry colour..
- Mix kofta in Gravy and enjoy malai kofta with Naan or chapati.
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.