Malai Kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can cook Malai Kofta using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai Kofta
- You need 5-6 of Potatoes.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Prepare As needed of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kitchen King Masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Maggi Masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1 of Tej Patta( bay leaf).
- You need 2 of Eliachi/Cardamom.
- Prepare 4 of Tomatoes.
- You need 6 of Onions.
- Prepare As needed of Refined Oil.
- Prepare As needed of Butter.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai Kofta step by step
- Boil Potatoes.
- Mash Boiled potatoes, add salt and maida and mix it to make dough.
- Make balls with that dough.
- Fry the balls..
- Take onion and tomato and cut into pieces..
- Take a pan, put some oil and then put onion and tomatoes in it. Saut well till the colour changes. Add all type of masala.
- Now put it in a mixer and make paste. Then put that in frying pan and cook well. Then add fresh cream in it and mix well..
- Like this your malai Kofta is ready.
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.