Beef Kofta Kebabs. These Beef Kofta Kebabs are perfect if you're following a calorie controlled diet and fit well with any one of the major diet plans such as Weight Watchers. My Beef Kofta Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce are bursting with flavor and protein. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by The Beef Checkoff and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest.
Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a chef's knife on your cutting board. Mix the garlic into the lamb along with the onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, ginger, and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. You can have meat kofta, seafood kofta or even a vegetarian kofta. You can cook Beef Kofta Kebabs using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Kofta Kebabs
- It’s of For Kebabs :.
- You need 500 grams of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of large onions, grated or finely chopped in a food processor.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s to taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare As needed of green onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 8-9 of skewers.
- It’s of For Tzatziki Sauce :.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 of medium size cucumber, grated then squeezed.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
But today's kofta kebab recipe is one of the more popular dishes in Egypt-a mixture of ground beef and lamb, blended with onions, garlic, parsley and a few of my favorite Middle Eastern spices including, allspice , cardamom , sumac , and nutmeg. We love to have this kofta with some flatbreads, rice or pasta. With some salad to go with it, mint yogurt and we're satisfied. If you like this delicious kofta recipe, you may also like my chicken shawarma, baba ganoush, baked tandoori chicken and spring onion and chili flatbread.
Beef Kofta Kebabs instructions
- Mix well all the ingredients for kebabs. Heat a skillet, put a tablespoon of the mixture. Cook then taste it. Adjust the salt if needed..
- Divide the mixture into 8 – 9 roughly even balls. Mold each ball around the pointed end of a skewer, making an oval kebab that comes to a point just covering the tip of the skewer..
- Heat a grill over medium high heat. Brush the grill lightly with oil. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until brown all over and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with tzatziki sauce..
- To make the tzatziki sauce, mix all of ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve..
- Serve it with Rice (Mediterranean style) ➡https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/5741805-mediterranean-rice-rice-cooker?via=sidebar-recipes.
- Or with flatbreads ➡ https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/5741839-flatbread?via=sidebar-recipes.
Of all these flavors and dishes, Beef Kofta is probably my favorite. Aromatic, and full of flavor, kofta kebabs always packs a mouthful of delicious meat. Whether its Lamb, Beef, or Chicken, making a kofta kebab recipe at home is very simple. Kafta, kofta, kifta, however you spell it, it amounts to the same thing; a ground meat kebab. Traditionally made of lamb, this grilled beef kafta as the name suggests is made of beef.