Malai kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can have Malai kofta using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- You need of For kofta:1 cup paneer (cottage cheese).
- You need 1 cup of boiled mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Grated ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin seeds powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of For curry:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3-4 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of tometo.
- It’s 8-10 of Cashews nuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic and ginger paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dry mango powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh cream or malai.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai kofta step by step
- For the kofta:mash together cottage cheese & boiled potatoes. Add ginger, corn flour, salt, roasted cumin seeds powder, Red chilli powder, garam masala. Mix them well and shape in to the round balls..
- Roll them in corn flour. Heat oil and deep fry till golden brown on medium flame and keep aside..
- For the curry:heat the oil add cumin seeds, cloves, cardomom and black pepper stir few seconds. Now add sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and Cashews nuts and cook for 2 minutes..
- Now add chopped tomatoes and mix, and add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes..
- Add 1cup of water and cover till the tomatoes are mashy..
- Now turn on the gas and let it cool. Now using a blender blend it into a fine paste..
- Strain the puree and transfer it to a pan. Bring it to a boil and add sugar and salt to taste..
- Add cream stir and cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat..
- Place the kofta in a bowl and pour the hot curry on the top and cream. Serve with naan and tandoori roti..
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.