Persian Turkey Kofta Kebabs. With Memorial Day around the corner, I thought these would be fun! A cross between a grilled meatball and a hamburger on a stick. You can skip the stick if you wish or even cook them in a skillet.
I wanted to make something a little different with turkey rather than just the regular chilli pot. I found this recipe on www.skinnytaste.com. Heat the grill to medium-high heat and oil the grate. You can cook Persian Turkey Kofta Kebabs using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Persian Turkey Kofta Kebabs
- It’s of Turkey:.
- Prepare 600 grams of lean mince turkey.
- It’s 1 small of onion, minced.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coriander.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of Salad:.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of baby spinach, washed and dried.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, juiced.
- Prepare 1 small of red onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of cracked black pepper.
One of my favorite things to eat is one of the more common Persian dishes. It is called a kofta kebab and it is essentially a long meatball grilled on a skewer. What makes this dish truly unique is the amazing blend of spices, ranging from ginger, cumin, coriander and fresh parsley and mint. This is a light recipe that is awesome on the taste buds.
Persian Turkey Kofta Kebabs instructions
- In a large bowl combine until evenly blended the ground turkey, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, spices and seasoning..
- Divide into evenly sized portions, I used a medium spoon to scoop the meat out. Should give you about 12-14 koftas..
- Roll into log shaped ovals. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes..
- If choosing to use wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes before grilling..
- When ready preheat grill to high..
- Carefully insert the skewers through the meat..
- Grill for 10-15 minutes on indirect heat turning occasionally, until meat is no longer pink..
- While the koftas are grilling, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil salt and pepper..
- Add the spinach, onion and toss to lightly coat the leaves in dressing..
- To serve either, fill the pita bread with the koftas and top with spinach or serve with the spinach on the side. As I said you can also serve without pita bread. I made my pita breads at home but you can buy yours from your local grocer if you prefer. Recipe attached here. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363986-homemade-pita-bread.
It is very easy and quick to make and goes nicely along with couscous. You can play around with the vegetable ingredients till you get the right mixture, so those are estimates. I usually get a stir fry mix with peppers and onion. Kebab, kabob, kofta – whatever you call this, it's fragrant, it's exotic, and it's fantastic for midweek because it's something different but so easy and fast to make. These Lamb Kofta Kebabs are adapted from a recipe by Efendy, a popular Turkish restaurant in Balmain, Sydney.