Double chocolate cake. A slice of Double Chocolate Cake is sure to cure any dessert cravings. True cocoa fans should opt for the Double Chocolate Cake recipe with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, while those who prefer a flavor combo should spread the loaded chocolate cake with Vanilla Sour Cream Frosting. It is rather good not to sweet not to choclatey which brings me to wonder where the "double" chocolate cake name comes from.
The cake itself was really good, but it didn't scream chocolate. It might be because I converted it to a gluten free recipe with special "flour". I also added two eggs just in case. You can have Double chocolate cake using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Double chocolate cake
- You need of Dry ingredients:.
- It’s 2 cups of Sugar powdered.
- It’s 1 of and 3/4 cup sifted all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of sifted coco powder.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Wet ingredients:.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (room temp).
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare of few drops vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare of For decorating :.
- It’s of chocolate sauce as required.
- It’s of whipping cream as required.
- Prepare of glazed cherry and sprinkles as required.
I have to say that you shouldn't worry about adding vinegar. It's relatively easy to sneak some calorie-reducing ingredients – like applesauce, Greek yogurt and egg whites – into a gooey chocolate cake. Line bottoms with rounds of wax paper and grease paper. Finely chop chocolate and in a bowl combine with hot coffee.
Double chocolate cake instructions
- Step 1 : Preheat your oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Step 2 : Stir together all the sifted dry ingredients ( sugar, flour, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl..
- Step 3: Whisk all the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence) except boiling water..
- Step 4: Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat it on low speed..
- Step 5: When all the wet and dry ingredients are combined.Gradually add the boiling water and beat it on medium speed until all the things are combined..
- Step 6: In a greased tin pour all batter. And bake it in preheated oven for about 30 – 35 mins or until the toothpick came out clean..
- When the cake is fully baked. Take out the cake from oven and cool it down a little bit.Then put it on the wire rack and cool it completely..
- Then cut the upper part of the cakr and then cut it into two slices. Then pour chocolate sauce on one side. Then spread whipping cram on top.Then place another slice of cake on top. Then decorate it with chocolate sauce, whipping cream, sprinkles and glazed cheeries as you like..
- Step 9 : After decoratin the cake chill it for 2 – 3 hours. Then serve it….😊.
Grease three round baking pans and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. This double chocolate cake is everything a chocolate cake should be: fudgy, moist, intensely chocolaty. When assembled into layers with chocolate ganache slathered in between, as the original recipe instructs, this cake becomes the perfect birthday finale for any chocolate lover; when topped with black velvet icing, as pictured here, this cake becomes an elegant dessert, a perfect treat to. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter at medium speed until pale and fluffy.