Chicken Kofta Curry. The Chicken Kofta Curry is a flavour packed chicken curry simmered in a tomato makhani gravy and simmer along with chicken kofta balls. This is the recipe that everyone would die to try out. There are many different versions to make the kofta curry but we have made it by using simple spice and fresh herbs in this one pot curry.
It is a traditional dish taken from the Mughlai cuisine which is full of flavours. When compared to Veg Koftas, Chicken Koftas are easier to give shape to. The kofta balls are made from well seasoned minced chicken. You can have Chicken Kofta Curry using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Chicken Kofta Curry
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken keema.
- Prepare 1 cup of chana dal.
- You need 1 spoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 spoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- You need 2 of cardamom.
- You need 2 of Elaichi(Cardamom).
- Prepare 2 of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of curds.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 4 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of oil.
Chicken kofta curry – A delicious dish made with minced chicken, ginger, garlic, cilantro, red chili powder, turmeric and then steam cooked in a spicy curry. A hearty curry made with a perfect blend of wholesome spices. Over the last year I have met so many people who are passionate about food. Chicken Kofta Curry – A Traditional and Authentic Pakistani Recipe =My Mother has always taken a simple approach towards cooking.
Chicken Kofta Curry step by step
- Grind the chicken minced keema keep it separate. For kofta balls add chana dal,.
- Green Chillies, onion,coriander leaves chicken keema grind it..
- Take a pan add oil add ginger garlic paste, onion paste fry it well..
- Add coriander powder, garam masala,cumin powder,red chilli powder, fry it well.
- Make round circle koftas. heat the oil..
- Fry the koftas..
- Fried koftas keep it aside.
- Now add the koftas in to the ma'salad let it cook and cook the koftas in low heat flame now add curds let it cook..
- Once it is cooked. add coriander leaves in the last..
- Serve it with rice, chapathi,dosa.
She doesn't like over complicating things and her spice cabinet is limited to salt, red chilli powder, cumin and turmeric. For more recipes related to Chicken Kofta checkout Pudina Kofte Olive Ke Saath, Desi Shepherd's Pie, Chicken Pie With Tomatoes And Olives, Kofte Mein Kofta. You can also find more Main Course Chicken recipes like Chicken in Butter Garlic Sauce – SK Khazana Butter Chicken Dumplings Chettinad Chicken Curry-SK Khazana Chandi Korma Had some leftover minced chicken (keema) in my refrigerator and cooked up my mom's signature dish- Chicken Keema kofta Curry. A tasty yet flavorful recipe of chicken meatballs cooked in Indian gravy and flavored with aromatic spices. As compare to veggie kofta curry these ones are easy to shape and cook.