Jackfruit kofta Curry. When the jackfruit season is in, everybody clamours for the fruit, but only the wise know the value of the raw form! Raw jackfruit has a rustic taste, which if handled properly gives rise to many wondrous recipes. The kofta has a very different mouth-feel because of the texture of.
Though the vegetable is little complicated to cut and clean but it is so easily available in market with approaching summer time. Jackfruit which is called as kathal or echor in Bengali makes great koftas and these kathal koftas can give malai koftas a run for its money! Kathal or raw jackfruit is a very popular vegetable across India. You can have Jackfruit kofta Curry using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Jackfruit kofta Curry
- You need 250 gms of boiled jackfruit.
- You need 2 of boiled potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of besan.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 inch of grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 of chopped Green Chillies.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare For of gravy–.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 6-7 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 1" of ginger.
- It’s 2 of red chillies.
- It’s 6-7 of cashews.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of green cardamoms.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 6-7 of black pepper seeds.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare as required of Oil.
Of course, every region has its own unique style to make it and today I bring the kathal kofta curry in the way we make it at home. Kathal ke kofte, a good option of meat for vegetarians. A very good option of meat for vegetarians, jackfruit Kofta curry is something very different and a must try. It is different from run of the mill Malai koftas.
Jackfruit kofta Curry step by step
- Take a mixing bowl add mashed jackfruits, potato, green chilli, ginger, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste, red chilli powder, besan & a pinch of baking soda mix well, now make balls of it & deep fry..
- Heat a pan add a cup of water, now add all the ingredients for the gravy and bring it to a boil it,cool it & makes a paste. Heat another pan add 2 tbsp oil add 1tsp cumin seeds to crackle for a while, than add chopped onion sauted till it's becomes golden brown..
- Put the paste masala sauted to nicely cook gravy. Next add 2cups of water & cover it 5 mintues. Then add 2tbsp cream & jackfruits balls and cook for another 2 mints. Turn off the flame..
- Jackfruit Kofta curry is ready to serve. Garnish with cream & coriander leaves, serve it hot..
The shahi gravy is prepared using saffron, coconut milk, broken wheat /dalia powder nd cashew nuts. How to make Kathal Kofta (Jackfruit Curry Kofta) Wash jack fruit thoroughly. Grease your hands with some oil and then cut jack fruit in big chunks. Allow the steam to escape and then open the lid. Allow the jack fruit chunks to cool.