Sweet potato and chickpeas koftas. From Mollie Katzen's Vegetable Heaven: Koftas are little patties or balls made from ground or mashed vegetables. In traditional Indian cooking, they are usually deep-fried, and served in a creamy, savory sauce. In this recipe, the koftas are shaped into patties, similar to falafel, and sautéed or baked, instead of deep-fried.
The perfect cozy winter meal! (vegan + gluten-free) This is another recipe inspired by the lovely vegan wedding we attended earlier this year. Gravy: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin, coriander, and bay leaf. You can cook Sweet potato and chickpeas koftas using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Sweet potato and chickpeas koftas
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes cubes and boiled.
- You need 1 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lightly toasted cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 tbls of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 2 tbls of harissa paste.
- Prepare 2 of large shallots.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbls of fresh ginger.
- It’s of add later.
- It’s 5-6 tablespoons of plain flour.
- You need 150 g of frozen peas.
To make the tahini sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and set aside to allow the flavours to mingle. To make the kofte burgers, put all the ingredients in a food. Scoot the chickpeas toward the sweet potatoes and add the onions to the baking sheet.
Sweet potato and chickpeas koftas instructions
- Place all the above ingredients in a food processor and blitz till smooth(ish)..
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the flour and the peas to the mixture and stir to combine..
- Form patties and shallow fry in some sunflower oil until golden..
- Place on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil..
Make sure everything is spread out evenly. Use tongs to stir halfway through. Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with the roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and onion. Remove from the oven, scoop out the flesh into a bowl and season lightly.