Hyderabadi Mutton shaami kebab. The shami kabab are in the form of mutton patties or mutton kabab which are shallow fried in oil and they are usually eaten with rice or can be eaten as a side dish along with dal recipes such as hyderabadi khatti dal, kaddu dalcha or dalcha recipe made with chana dal and mutton. Mutton Shami Kebab Recipe – About Mutton Shami Kebab Recipe: Shami kebab is a wonderful snack from hyderabadi cuisine. This easy-to-cook shami kebab recipe is made by mutton though Shami kebabs can be vegetarian too.
Spread out the kebabs on the surface of the pan and let them sear on both sides. Mutton Shami kabab recipe is one of the best recipes that can be picked up from Hyderabadi cuisine. It can be made very easily. You can have Hyderabadi Mutton shaami kebab using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Mutton shaami kebab
- You need 500 GMs of mutton/ kheema.
- You need 1 cup of soaked chana dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of turmeric powder.
- You need 10 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 3 of green chillies.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped mint leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 3-4 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of cardamom.
- It’s 1 tsp of sauf (fennel seeds).
- It’s 1 tsp of ajwain (carrom seeds).
This Kebabs are a perfect snack option during Ramadan and also a. A delicious snack from the authentic Hyderabadi cuisine, It is a perfect blend of authentic flavours of the rich and aromatic spices that make the mutton kebab tasty. A delectable texture of the kabab – crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside gives it an exciting texture to enjoy. This Mutton kebab is easy to prepare.
Hyderabadi Mutton shaami kebab instructions
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add dry red chilli Ajwain sauf cardamom cinnamon black pepper garlic cloves ginger and sauté for few seconds..
- Now add boneless mutton/ keema and sauté for a min. Here I have used keema..
- Soak chana dal in water for 4 hrs. Now add soaked chana dal turmeric powder salt and little water..
- Pressure cook the keema and dal for 2 whistles. If you are using boneless mutton then cook for 5 whistles..
- Once done allow the mixture to cool..
- Now add chopped mint and coriander leaves and green chilli and add the mixture to the jar and grind into a coarse paste for a second..
- Once done add finely chopped onion and mix gently and make round shape kabab..
- Heat ghee in a fry pan and place the shaami kabab and shallow fry until golden brown from both sides on a low medium flame.
- Transfer the mutton shaami kabab into a serving plate and serve hot. Serve with dhaniya mint chutney and salad..
It is an all-time purpose dish and can. Shape the mixture in small circular shapes. If you are making shami kabab, don't stuff them with the filling ,just shape into diamond shapes. The kebab recipe is pretty similar to the hyderabadi shami kabab recipe. We cook the mutton and dal together and then grind it to a fine paste.