Masoor Dal Seekh Kebabs. Here is the recipe for Sheekh kebabs made with masoor (whole red lentils) and oats. It is super healthy and is both vegan and gluten-free. Masoor Dal (whole red lentil)is a very important part of the vegetarian diet in Indian Cuisine.
These beauties are very similar to mutton seekh kebab in their taste as well as look and feel. Delicately flavored with cloves and cardamoms they just smell divine. Masoor Dal Kebabs Recipe, you can always try experimenting with your ingredients to create a delicious and yet a healthy recipe. You can have Masoor Dal Seekh Kebabs using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Masoor Dal Seekh Kebabs
- Prepare 1 cup of Masoor dal sabut/ whole red lentils.
- You need 1 inch of ginger roughly chopped.
- You need 8-10 of cloves of garlic peeled.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilies.
- It’s 1 of jeera.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 of cloves/laung.
- You need 4 of green cardamom/ hari Elaichi.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1& 1/2 of Chaat masala.
- You need 1/4 cup of Paneer / cottage cheese(grated).
- You need 3 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 1/2 slice of Bread ground to make fresh bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of finely chopped capsicum/green bell pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cream/malai.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 5-6 tbsp of oil for shallow frying.
Masoor dal kebabs is made by using potato as a binder and is mixed along with basic Indian spices. These are the best for any party appetizer or just can be simply made for your everyday lunch. Masoor dal contains a high level of proteins and is also rich in fiber. Rate the Recipe: Cooking is all about innovation.
Masoor Dal Seekh Kebabs step by step
- Wash and soak the dal for at-least 2 hours. Drain the water and grind the dal along with ginger, garlic, green chilies and jeera to a smooth paste using minimum water..
- Crush the cloves/ laung and seeds of green cardamom/ hari Elaichi to a fine powder..
- In a heavy bottomed pan or kadai, heat 3 tbsp oil and add the dal paste. Stir fry the paste for 4-5 minutes till it is dry and doesn’t stick to the pan. It will collect together in a ball when done..
- Take out in a bowl. Add the powdered cloves and green cardamom, corn flour, paneer, salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala, bread crumbs, chooped onion and capsicum, lemon juice, cream and ghee. Mix well and make a dough out of it..
- Now divide the mixture into 16-18 portions and make a ball of all the portions. Press down the ball on a squewer or a clean pencil to five it a seekh shape. Carefully remove the kebab from the skewer. Make all the kebabs..
- At this stage you can store the kebabs in the fridge till serving time..
- At the time of serving, heat oil on a pan/tawa. Shallow fry the kebabs on medium heat till light brown and crisp. Turn the kebabs only when they are cooked on when side. If you turn too early they will stick and break..
- Tender, juicy and melt in the mouth kebabs are ready. Serve with green chutney and onion rings..
On more occasions than one, people have mistaken it for a mutton kebab. To make seekh kebabs, shape them on chopsticks or pencil. For more such easy to cook recipes,. These lentil kebabs are very healthy and rich in protein and can be served with coriander and mint (pudina) chutney. It makes for a perfect vegetarian snack idea for parties.