Shahi lauki kofta. How to Make Shahi Lauki Koftas. To make the koftas: Grate the laukis and add the rest of the ingredients to make a paste. Make small balls and fry the koftas until golden brown.
Kofta, a family of meatball or meatloaf dishes in Middle Eastern, Indian, and Balkan cuisines. In the simplest form, koftas consist of balls of minced or ground meat — usually beef or lamb — mixed with spices or onions. Vegetarian varieties include lauki kofta, shahi aloo kofta, and malai kofta. You can cook Shahi lauki kofta using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Shahi lauki kofta
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Grated lauki.
- It’s 5 tbsp of garam flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ajwain/carrom seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander leaves chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s as needed of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of For gravy.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of cashew paste soaked in water for 20 minutes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Curd thick.
- You need 1 tbsp of Malai or cream.
- You need 1 tsp of Kasturi methi.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s as needed of Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander leaves Chopped.
Serve Lau Er Kofta Curry Recipe (Bengali Style Doodhi Dumplings In Tomato Based Gravy) as a side dish with a Bengali meal of rice, Luchi Recipe or Garlic Naan Without Yeast Recipe and Cholar Dal Recipe. An interesting innovation.try this and enjoy a much more tastier form of bottle gourd.enriched with capsicum.a must try recipe for vegie lovers. First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home. I had never heard nor knew that a curry is made from bottle gourd koftas.
Shahi lauki kofta step by step
- Peel the grate lauki squeeze out the water completely and keep that water for making gravy.
- Take squeezed grated lauki in a large bowl add besan,red chilli, corrider leaves,ajwain,turmeric, ginger garlic paste and salt mix all ingredients well.
- Grease your palms with oil and make round shaped balls.
- Heat oil in a pan add balls and deep fry until they turn light golden brown and crisp.
- Heat oil in a kadahi add jeera and cook until they sizzle add chopped onion,ginger garlic paste and stir fry until it turns light pink in colour add tomato cashew puree and mix well stir fry for 3-4minutes.
- Add red chilli,turmeric, corrinder powder,salt curd,malai, kasouri methi and garam Masala mix well and stir for a minute add lauki water and water and cook over medium flame for 4-5minutes.
- Add fried kofta balls to the gravy cook fir 4-5minutes and turn off flame transfer it to serving bowl and garnish with corrinder leaves and cream.
The recipe has evolved over time to this vegetarian version. There are many varieties of Kofta Recipes and other popular ones include Vegetable Kofta, Shahi Kofta, Lauki Kofta etc. In a mixing bowl combine the grated paneer, potatoes, khoya, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, fresh coriander, ground cumin. Shahi Veg Methi Kofta Curry Recipe – I made this recipe second time in my life when I was newly married and was cooking in my new home. My new family members had never heard nor knew about this veg kofta recipe.