Simple black Forest cake. The best black forest cake recipe I've tried, and I've tried a lot. The cake baked up beautifully, the cherries were perfect, and the whole thing just came together wonderfully. Ingredients and How to Make Black Forest Cake.
Soft, moist chocolate cake with cherry filling and whipped cream. This decadent classic cake has German roots. It's also called a Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte and consists of several layers of chocolate sponge cake, cherry syrup, fresh cherries, whipped cream and decorated with chocolate shavings. You can cook Simple black Forest cake using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple black Forest cake
- Prepare 1 cup of self raising flour.
- Prepare 7 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
I have made this cake so many times over the years for birthdays and holiday get-together. It's my go-to cake recipe when I am short on time, but need a delicious dessert that is sure to impress. What I love about this recipe is that it is so easy to make. This version of Black Forest cake gets you an easy, delicious, and moist cake by using cherry pie filling and devil's food cake mix.
Simple black Forest cake instructions
- Prepare your ingredients. preheat your oven to 180 degrees. -prepare your baking tin. – sieve your flour and cocoa and baking soda putting them together in a bowl.(mix them) – separate your egg Yorks n the whites..
- Beat your egg whites while adding the 1cup of sugar little by little until the volume doubles. – Beat also your egg Yorks in a different bowl until the colour turn to cream..
- In the bowl of egg whites add in your mixture of flour little by little,until it is combined fully.add in the egg York mix into the mixture and fold in and pour into your baking tin and bake for 60 min in 180 degrees..
Black forest cake is traditionally finished with chocolate shavings, but I took it a step further and opted for chocolate ganache. The crowning glory is a layer of dazzling chocolate ganache that gently drapes over the sides for mega drama. While cake is still warm, poke top all over with fork and spread the cherry filling mixture all over the top. When you prepare vanilla pudding, make it as directed on box, but add the vanilla extract to it with the milk. Spread pudding mixture over cake, covering the cherry pie filling.