Cabbage Kofta Kadhi. Cabbage kofta can be served with rotis, parathas or naan. It also goes well with steamed rice or jeera rice or saffron rice. In a mixing bowl, take the ingredients required for making the cabbage koftas – finely chopped cabbage, ajwain (carom seeds), spice powders, curd/yogurt and salt.
This curry cab be served with chapatti, rice and paranthas. हिन्दी में पढिये : Cabbage Kofta Recipe – Band Gobi ke Kofte. Ingredients for Cabbage Kofta Recipe Cabbage Kofta Curry is actually a good Mughlai recipe with less fat coupled with cabbage and channa dal made in spiced yoghurt saucy gravy. Pata Gobi Aur Kele Kofta Curry Recipe is a No onion No Garlic dish where pan fried koftas made from cabbage and raw bananas are dunk in a spicy and tangy tomato gravy. You can cook Cabbage Kofta Kadhi using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Cabbage Kofta Kadhi
- It’s Kofta – of .
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cabbage, shredded & steamed.
- It’s 1/3 cup of gram flour / besan.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of coriander roots, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of fresh grated coconut.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of carom seeds / ajwain, crushed.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- You need pinch of baking soda.
- You need 1-2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare Kadhi – of .
- You need 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of gram flour / besan.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida / hing.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves to garnish.
- Prepare pinch of red chilli flakes & a drizzle of pickle oil to garnish.
The dish promotes Ayurveda way cooking as it does not include any onion or garlic in it. Ayurveda cooking is mainly pure and natural. Usually koftas are deep fried but we have made the cabbage and raw banana koftas in. This simple combination of radish and low fat curds needs only steamed rice to complete your meal.
Cabbage Kofta Kadhi step by step
- Kofta – In a bowl, combine all the mentioned ingredients (except oil) to make a soft dough. Add water accordingly. Make equal sized balls out of the dough and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a paniyaram chatti and fry them, few at a time, on both sides till well browned. Drain and keep aside..
- Kadhi – Whisk together yoghurt, gram flour and water. Keep aside. In a small bowl, mix ginger-garlic paste and all the dry spices along with some water to form a paste. Keep aside..
- Heat oi in a pan and temper with cumin seeds and asafoetida. Now add the paste and saute till the oil separates..
- Add the whisked yoghurt and bring it to a boil. Simmer on a low flame till the consistency thickens to a desired consistency. Be sure to stir at intervals. When done switch off the flame..
- To serve, ladle the kadhi in a bowl and arrange the prepared koftas over it. Garnish with coriander leaves, red chilli flakes and pickle oil. Enjoy with any form of rice or Indian bread..
You can adjust the consistency of the kadhi by varying the amount of water and besan. The radish koftas are steamed and not deep fried in the kadhi. It is also a good way to add vegetables in your diet to provide vitamin A and iron. The curd and besan combination makes the kadhi a rich source of. Spicy Kofta Kadhi, lovely tasty kadhi made without curds!