Gourd kofta curry. Bottle gourd, known as lauki (ghiya) in Hindi and Dudhi in Gujarati, is generally not a popular vegetable in every household but it makes one of the best Indian curries – Lauki Kofta Curry in which deep-fried koftas (round shaped deep fried spicy dumplings) made of grated bottle gourd, gram flour, rice flour and ginger-garlic paste are cooked in spicy gravy of tomato and cashew nuts. Air fryer lauki kofta/ Bottle gourd kofta curry is a flavorful and delicious gravy/ curry where round shaped cooked kofta balls prepared with grated lauki/ bottle gourd is dunked / drenched in a tangy and slightly sweet onion tomato based gravy. Might sound a little confusing but trust me it isn't that TDS as it looks and even beginners will be able to make a pro version of this simple curry.
Bottle gourd also known as Lauki (Sorekai in Kannada) is a boring veggie to many especially kids. lauki kofta recipe how to make bottle gourd kofta curry with detailed photo and video recipe. simple, healthy bottle guard recipe or lauki recipe prepared from deep fried grated bottle gourd with tomato and onion based sauce. this is an ideal curry and and best alternative to traditional malai kofta curry and can be easily served with roti or chapathi. For making Lauki Kofta Curry recipe, Lauki or bottle gourd is grated and mixed with spices and besan (gram flour). You can cook Gourd kofta curry using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gourd kofta curry
- It’s of For kofta.
- Prepare 250 gm of gourd or lokey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of besan or gram flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s of For curry.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- It’s 2 pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 of onoins.
- It’s 4 of tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1-2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curd.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of fennel powder (optional).
- You need 2 tsp of malai or cream.
This dough for lauki kofta is then made into small balls which are then deep fried to make lauki koftas. The lauki kofta is golden brown from outside and soft from inside. Lauki Kofta Curry Recipe – How to Make Bottle Gourd Kofta Curry Recipe. Lauki Kofta Curry Recipe is on of my favorite recipe, just like Banana Kofta curry.
Gourd kofta curry instructions
- First, we grate the gourd finely.now we add all ingredients for kofta. add soda also. Mix properly altogether..
- Now heat and grease a appam bartan, put 1 tbsp better in every mold. Bake it properly. Make all like this..
- Now on other side while making kofta, grind the onion and tomato separately..
- Heat a kadhai or wok, add oil, let it heat then add cumin,bay leaf, cardamom, asafoetida to crackle it..
- Now add onion, add gin garlic paste and saute it 2 minutes,then add tomato paste and cook. Add all spices cover it for a minut on low flame. When it realise oil then add curd and stir spoon continuously..
- Now add water and boil it. Add kofta and cook 5 minutes. Add malai or cream for better taste..
- Garnish coriander leaves. Serve it with roti parantha naan.
In fact all kind of koftas are my favorite, because of the presence of these little dumplings. They taste and feel good in your mouth when you mix and have it with plain rice. Mix well and make walnut size smooth and round balls. Deep fry in hot oil on medium flame till golden in colour,drain and keep aside. How to make Lauki Kofta curry : Take some grated bottle gourd, press out the juice, add chickpea flour, green chilli , ginger paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt.