Kanchkolar Kofta Curry. Mash the boiled potato and green banana. Mix salt, little ginger – chili paste, cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chili powder with the mashed potato and green banana to make a dough. A Bengali Vegetarian dish that amazes all, this কাঁচা কলার কোপ্তা Kanchkolar Kofta Curry or Kachhe Kele ka Kofta Curry recipe is a must try for vegans. kanchkolar kofta curry recipe
Recipe of Kanchkolar Kofta Curry, While raw bananas are commonly used in the Bengali cuisine, the technique of making kofta, which wasn't a part of the cuisine originally, came in due to the influence of Mughals in the region. Kanchkolar (raw banana) kofta is one of the many delicious deep-fried gravy dishes. Kanchkolar Kofta Curry is a traditional Bengali recipe. You can have Kanchkolar Kofta Curry using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Kanchkolar Kofta Curry
- Prepare 6-8 of Raw Banana.
- It’s 2 of Medium size Potato.
- You need 1 Tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Black Salt.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Gram Flour.
- It’s 1-2 Cup of Mustard Oil.
- You need 1 of Dry Red Chilli.
- You need 1 of Green Chilli.
- It’s 1/2 inch of Ginger Slice.
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Sugar.
This recipe is about green (unripe) bananas, boiled, mashed and given a shape of flat disc which are fried and dipped in a creamy curry. Unripe banana in Bengali language 'Kanchkola' is good for stomach and contains iron in it which is again good for all. Kanchkolar Kofta Recipe, Learn how to make Kanchkolar Kofta (absolutely delicious recipe of Kanchkolar Kofta ingredients and cooking method) About Kanchkolar Kofta Recipe: A must try Bengali dish. It represents a unique combination of boiled raw banana and crumbled soft cottage cheese as dumplings or "Kofta".
Kanchkolar Kofta Curry instructions
- Boil the raw banana and potatoes with their skin on. After boiling, peel off the skin. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder and black Salt..
- Knead them..
- Add 1 -2 tsp gram flour. Knead again..
- Make Koftas out of the banana dough. Fry them in mustard oil..
- Temper the same oil with 1 dry red chilli and 1 tsp sugar..
- Add Potato cubes (Perboiled) for frying..
- Make a paste of tomato, ginger slice and green chilli. Put it in pan..
- Add 1 tsp Coriander Powder. Saute them..
- As raw smell of the masala goes away,add water as much needed..
- Add 1 tsp Turmeric powder. Wait till water starts boiling..
- As water starts boiling, add fried koftas..
- Sprinkle 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder and finish cooking.(Don't keep the Koftas in gravy for too long time. It dries up the gravy)..
This Kanchkolar Kofta recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried. Bengali Style Kanch kolar Kofta Curry Recipe (Green Plantain Kofta Curry Recipe) is all time favorite Bengali dish made with soft and crispy Koftas dipped in thin and tangy based curry. The Raw banana is rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The starch content present in raw banana will help in controlling blood sugar level and manage cholesterol. Once it comes to a boil, drop in the koftas.