Paneer kofta. You may or may not need water. If the mixture looks dry then add otherwise skip. Paneer Kofta Recipe – About Paneer Kofta Recipe: A north Indian delicacy, this paneer recipe is not just any regular version of Paneer Kofta, but is stuffed with aromatic goodness of raisins and khoya along with various spices, deep fried and simmering hot in a creamy gravy.
Whether you are looking for paneer kofta recipe to serve it as a snack or as a curry with gravy for sumptuous meal, this easy recipe will satisfy your needs and excite your palate. the kofta's are basically a small round shaped balls stuffed with either meat or choice of veggies. typically kofta or kofte's are prepared with grounded minced meat which is later fried till crisp. however in india the kofta's are generally vegetarian and are prepared with vegetables or paneer. you can easily find paneer kofta, aloo kofta, lauki kofta, banana kofta and even mixed. Paneer Kofta is a widely popular gluten-free Indian main-course dish. The vegetarian meatballs are prepared with potato and grated cottage cheese. You can cook Paneer kofta using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Paneer kofta
- It’s of ingredients for kofta:.
- You need 200 of gm. Grated paneer.
- It’s 2 of medium Potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated.
- You need 1 of Green Chilli, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of grated Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of Corn Flour.
- Prepare 6-8 of Cashew nuts, chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for deep fry.
- Prepare of ingredients for gravy:.
- Prepare 3 of medium Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Cashew nuts, soaked in water for 20 minutes.
- You need 2 teaspoons of crushed Garlic-Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Green Chilli, seeded and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium Onion, finely chopped or grated.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of piece of Cinnamon Stick.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Kasuri Methi.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Oil.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Whereas, the gravy has a base of onion, tomato and cashew paste. Many malai kofta recipes suggest adding all-purpose flour as a binder in the kofta mixture. The Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe is a delicious preparation paneer (homemade cottage cheese) that is simmered in a spiced tomato gravy. Kofta's are traditionally deep fried vegetable or cheese balls that are dipped in a spicy curry.
Paneer kofta instructions
- Kofta recipe : Take grated paneer, grated potatoes, corn flour, green chilli, ginger, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt in a large bowl..
- Mix them and make a smooth mixture..
- Grease your palms with oil and divide mixture into 6-8 equal portions. Give each portion a shape of ball. Take one ball and press a little between your palms and flatten it like pattie; put 2-3 pieces of cashew nuts in the center (this is a stuffing). Wrap them in from all sides and give round shape of ball. Prepare remaining stuffed kofta balls in similar way..
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. When it is medium hot, slide in 3-4 stuffed balls from the edge of frying pan and deep-fry over medium flame until golden brown and crisp. Make sure that oil is hot enough otherwise it may break and split open in the oil. Drain them and transfer them to a plate. Deep fry remaining stuffed balls..
- Gravy recipe: Blanch tomatoes and make tomato puree. Grind soaked cashew nuts with 2 tablespoons water and make a paste..
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add cumin seeds, when they begin to crackle, add cloves and cinnamon. Sauté for approx. 30 seconds. Add crushed garlic-ginger and sauté for 10-20 seconds..
- Add chopped green chilli and onion, sauté until onion turns light brown; it will take approx. 2-3 minutes. Add tomato puree..
- Sauté until oil starts to separate, 3-4 minutes. Add cashew nut paste (prepared in step-1), turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, sugar and salt.stir and cook for a minute..
- Add kasuri methi and 1/2 cup water. Cook the gravy for 4-5 minutes..
- Add prepared stuffed balls, mix well and turn off the flame..
- Transfer paneer kofta curry to a serving bowl and garnish with cream and coriander..
This recipe of kofta is healthy as the kofta's are not deep fried but instead made in a kuzhi paniyaram pan. Paneer Kofta recipe, unjabi Paneer Kofta Curry with detailed step by step photos and videos. Crisp outside and soft inside, these Paneer Koftas have the distinct flavour which impart a richness that perfectly matches the gravy that dresses these koftas. Paneer Kofta is a North Indian recipe, which is prepared with spices, paneer, yoghurt, almonds, corn flour and fresh cream. This delicious kofta recipe is a mouth-watering dish that you can prepare for your friends and family on special occasions and festivals.