Malai kofta with gravy. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes. You can cook Malai kofta with gravy using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malai kofta with gravy
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes.
- You need 10 of cashew nuts.
- You need 2-3 tsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of kashmiri chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coariander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need of Salt for taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 of garlic, 1 piece ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s of Kasuri methi.
- It’s of For Kofta: -.
- It’s 2 of boiled n mashed potatoes.
- It’s 200 gm of grated paneer.
- It’s of Salt for taste.
- Prepare 1 of n 1/2 tbsp cornflour.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Malai Kofta Recipe with stepwise photos. Delicious melt in the mouth paneer kofta in a creamy, rich, mild and lightly sweet gravy. in this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the koftas are made with paneer and potatoes. these melt in the mouth paneer kofta are dunked in a creamy, sweet and mildly spiced curry. Malai Kofta recipe in white gravy is a popular North Indian dish consisting of paneer balls in creamy gravy. This dish is best served hot, accompanied by either a naan or Roti or laccha paratha.
Malai kofta with gravy step by step
- Preparations for gravy : 1 grind onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and cashew nuts in mixer..
- Heat up a pan; put some butter and add this puree into it. Add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix it well. Now add water into it..
- Let the puree get cooked well at low medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Add garam masala and kasuri methi, boil for 5 minutes..
- Preparing kofta: 1 take a bowl, add mashed potatoes, grated paneer and salt. Mix it well. Now add corn flour. Make balls of this mixture..
- Take oil in the frying pan. Fry the kofta balls to golden brown colour..
- Place koftas in a shallow plate, pour hot gravy on them 5 to 10 minutes just before serving..
- Serve this malai kofta with roti/naan or bhakris 😊.
Malai Kofta is the best vegetarian alternative to meatballs. There are lots of variations of kofta, from meat based to pure vegetarian versions. Malai Kofta is made in a thick creamy gravy made from ground cashew nuts, onion, tomato and various spices. The gravy for malai kofta has a slight hint of sweetness. Sometimes in restaurants malai kofta is also served with a white gravy.