Malai kofta. Malai kofta is an Indian dish of potato paneer balls served with a flavorful, creamy and delicious curry. It is served with naan, roti, paratha or basmati rice. Pin Recipe Print Recipe For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world.
It goes very well with naan (tandoor-baked flatbread) or Jeera rice. Malai kofta recipe – This restaurant style malai kofta recipe is very easy to make at home. Soft, melt in your mouth kind koftas (fried balls) coated with malai and added into the onion, tomato gravy. You can cook Malai kofta using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai kofta
- It’s 2 of big potatoes boiled and mashed.
- It’s 2 of medium onions roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 of medium tomatoes roughly chopped.
- It’s 3 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder (Degi Mirch).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Haldi/Turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Jeera /cumin seeds.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of malai/cream.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
Malai = Heavy cream Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). There are two parts to this dish- Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas (made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy.
Malai kofta step by step
- Heat oil in a pan add Tej pata, clove, onions, tomatoes, cook for a while,.
- Put that in a mixi and make a puree of that.
- Take two boiled potatoes mashed add, paneer mix well, little bit of salt, I use kadai leaves finely chopped, add Maida, corn floor, and make a dough, then koffta, cotted in Maida, and fry on medium heat until golden brown.
- Now put some butter in pan, add jeera, then add the puree, add Dheggi Mirch, haldi, Dhaniya powder, little bit garam masala, salt, and kasuri Methi, set gravy according you want, add malai mix well.
- Switch off the gas, add koffta in it mix with gently hand, means put gravy on koffta's, it's ready.
We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy formalai kofta in detailed step by step photos. What is malai kofta Malai kofta is a popular as well as most sought after vegetarian Indian dish in restaurants. Malai means cream and Kofta are fried dumpling balls. Usually they are made up of mashed potatoes, mix vegetables or paneer. malai kofta recipe creamy kofta balls curry with detailed photo and video recipe. an extremely popular and tasty north indian creamy curry recipe made with aloo and paneer balls in onion and tomato sauce. it is one of the creamiest curry recipe from the north indian cuisine bucket and loaded with malai or cooking cream. you may either serve this recipe with choice of.