Malai Kofta. Malai kofta recipe – Potato paneer koftas served with a delicious creamy curry. Originally, the term kofta refers to meatballs. In India, the vegetarian version of koftas are quite popular.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. You can cook Malai Kofta using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Malai Kofta
- It’s 100 g of Paneer.
- It’s 3 of boiled Potatoes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Maida.
- It’s 2 of Tomato.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chat masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 3/4tsp of Kashmiri mirch powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need as needed of Green coriander chopped.
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of chopped green chilli.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need as needed of Dalchini, Elaichi, Tejpatta.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic paste.
- You need as needed of Roughly chopped dry fruits.
Mughalai version: It has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. This restaurant style malai kofta is a rich dish. So it is made on special occasions or for special guests. Malai kofta recipe is one of the popular paneer recipes.
Malai Kofta step by step
- Take Grated paneer, potatoes and maida in a bowl. Add all masalaes 1 pinch each. Mix them well and knead. Make dough..
- Take one dough and put 1 pinch dry fruits in middle and make it ball shape with help of palm. Repeat same process for remaining dough..
- Now heat oil in a pan and deep fry balls on medium flame. Take them out and keep aside..
- Take oil in a pan and add Elaichi, tejpatta and Dalchini.Add onion and tomato. After 5 minutes add 1 cup water and saute for 5 Minutes again..
- Take out onion tomato mixture in a plate and keep for cooling. After cooling, make it's paste through mixture grinder..
- Heat oil in a pan and add Cumin seed, ginger garlic paste and other remaining masala. After 1 minute add mixture paste and saute on medium flame. Add salt and cream and saute till oil leaves the sides..
- Finally add fried ball in it and garnish with fresh cream and green coriander. Delicious Malai Kofta is ready to serve..
Malai Kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian dish where balls (kofta) made of potato and paneer are deep fried and served with a creamy and spiced tomato based curry. The literal translation of this dish is malai=creamy/buttery and kofta=spiced balls (in this case made of potatoes and paneer). malai kofta recipe Malai Kofta is a super popular Punjabi curry. Deep fried koftas ( made from paneer, potatoes and carrots) are cooked in a rich malai kofta gravy. We show you how to make the koftas for malai kofta and the gravy for malai kofta in detailed step by step photos.