Lauki Kofta. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home. I had never heard nor knew that a curry is made from bottle gourd koftas.
how to make bottle gourd kofta curry with detailed photo and video recipe. simple, healthy bottle guard recipe or lauki recipe prepared from deep fried grated bottle gourd with tomato and onion based sauce. this is an ideal curry and and best alternative to traditional malai kofta curry and can be easily served with roti or chapathi. Lauki Kofta curry is very popular curry recipe from Hyderabad. For those who does not know, Lauki Kofta = deep fried balls made from bottle gourd and some spices. You can cook Lauki Kofta using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lauki Kofta
- It’s Bottle of gourd/Lauki 1 kg.
- It’s 200 gm of Besan /Chickpea flour.
- You need 1 Spoon of Galic.
- It’s 1 Spoon of Ginger.
- You need 2-3 of Green Fresh Chillies.
- Prepare as required of Green Freshy Coriander.
- Prepare 1 Spoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare 2 Spoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 2 Spoon of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need As needed- of Any Oil for Cooking.
- Prepare 2 Spoon of Cumin Seeds.
- You need of Bay leaves 2.
- You need 2-3 of Cardamom.
- It’s 2 Spoon of Cashew.
- You need 2 Cup of Tomatoes Puree.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder for Pakora and Gravy.
- You need 1 Spoon of Kasuri Methi.
- Prepare 3 big of Onion.
So, lauki kofta curry means fried bottle gourd balls in onion-tomato gravy. Lauki Kofta Recipe – About Lauki Kofta Recipe: Bottle gourd or Lauki is generally a boring vegetable to many people, especially kids. But one way to add this healthy vegetable in diet is to make yummy deep- fried koftas out of it. The combination of fried koftas and spicy curry is wonderful and would be loved by people of all ages.
Lauki Kofta step by step
- Firstly take a Container add Grated Bottle Gourd, Chickpea flour,Red Chilli Powder 1 Spoon, Turmeric Powder mix well with 1 or 2 Cup water to make a smooth paste for PAKODA.After that heat oil on medium flame and Fly the PAKODA in Golden Brown Colour and keep aside..
- Now take a Jar add Onion, Green Chillies, Ginger, Garlic and make a smooth paste and keep aside for Gravy..
- Now take a Kadhai or Pan add 3-5 Spoon Cooking Oil then add Bay leaves, Cardamom, Cumin Seeds heat for 2 min then add Onion, Ginger Garlic Paste and fry for 5 to 7 min after that add all the Masalas Turmeric Powder 1 Spoon, Coriander Powder 2 Spoon, Kasuri Methi 1 Spoon, Garam Masala 1 Spoon Mix well fry for 2 min..
- Next step is add 2 Cup Tomato Puree into it and fry till the oil Rinse over Surface then add Cashew mix well..
- After that add water 3-4 Cup boil it after boiling gravy add PAKODA add Salt to taste keep cover the Kadhai with lid Cook for 5 to 7 min Switch off the flame Serve it hot with Rice or Chapati.Garnish with Coriander leaves 😍🥗.
The presence of Lauki in the kofta remains unrealized. Lauki Kofta Curry has these koftas prepared with lauki in a larger proportion, in comparison to potato, to minimize the caloric value of the dish. Also, koftas are not deep fried, but are simmered and cooked in the gravy itself. This makes a tasty combination with Lachha Soya Paratha. Lauki Kofta Recipe is a recipe in which koftas are prepared by deep frying using ghee, gram flour, and some spices and then served in a spicy gravy of onion-tomato.