Persian kebab kubideh with rice (Chelow kebab). Chelow Kabab Koobideh – Persian Rice and Kebab. My boss was impressed to be getting a homecooked Persian meal, and he tucked right in. And he liked it (he really liked it)!
The particular variant of meat kabob that I prepared is called koobideh (kubideh), a ground beef kebab. Today, rice is served throughout Iran. However, rice was historically more prevalent in the. You can have Persian kebab kubideh with rice (Chelow kebab) using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Persian kebab kubideh with rice (Chelow kebab)
- You need 600 g of ground lamb.
- It’s 400 g of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 4-5 of potatoes.
- You need 4-5 of red-yellow bell peppers.
- It’s 1/2 of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s of Flat bread.
- It’s of Sumac.
- It’s of Wooden or metal skewers.
- You need of Ingredients for minty sauce.
- You need Handful of fresh leaves of mint and coriander.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Green yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of small bell pepper.
- You need of Salt as desired.
Once kebab and accompaniments are grilled, remove from the oven. Traditionally kebab kubideh is served with steamed saffron rice ( chelow/polow), cubes of butter on top of the rice, fresh herbs such as basil, chives, mint, onions. If you serve the kebab with rice, you can sprinkle sumac powder on the rice as well. There really is a correct way to eat chelow kabob.
Persian kebab kubideh with rice (Chelow kebab) step by step
- Grind finely the meat 2-3 times. Set aside..
- Grate the onion and remove the juice..
- In a big bowl, add grated onion, salt, pepper, lime juice and meat.. Mix very well until well combined. Refrigerate it overnight. If use wooden skewers, you need to soak them in the water overnight as well.Preheat the oven at 230C /450F Next day, divide meat mixture into seven or eight. Pick one piece of meat, press it around wooden/metal skewer and shape it evenly. Thread potatoes and peppers on skewers as well..
- You can do same with tomatoes and grill them as well but I just fried them in oil. Place all threading items on baking tray and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes. Only potatoes will need to 30 minutes. Also, a flat bread under the kebab, by this way the juice from kebab will be poured on bread.Once kebab is ready, Remove from the oven and serve it with steamed saffron rice, and fresh herbs, Sumac.
- And for sauce you need to blend all ingredients in a blender..
At least in my head there is. Cooking basmati rice the Persian way is quite different than making "regular" rice the "regular" way. Chelow kabab (Persian: چلوکباب čelow-kabāb [tʃelowkæˈbɒːb]) is an Iranian dish consisting of steamed rice (čelow) and one of the many varieties of Iranian kebab. It is considered the "national dish" of Iran, and was probably created by the time of the Qajar dynasty. Kabob koobideh is made with ground lamb or beef or a combination of the two.