Galouti Kebab with Naan. The Galouti Kebab on Crispy Naan is an appetizer with such an attractive appearance and awesome flavour that it will capture everybody's attention. It does involve a bit of effort but it is not difficult per se, and is surely worth the time you put in. More so, if you are serving it at a party because you will be repaid with immense compliments!
A popular version of the Galauti explains that any meat that has "Gilavat' (tenderizer) is a Galavat Ka Kebab and Galauti kebab falls in the category of galavat kebab. Legend has it that this melt in the mouth delicacy was made for the ageing Nawab who loved meat but could not chew. Galouti Kebab Marinated lamb mince kebabs slowly cooked in their own juices until crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside. You can cook Galouti Kebab with Naan using 19 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Galouti Kebab with Naan
- Prepare of For Kebabs:.
- You need 1 pound of ground lamb.
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef or use just one kind of meat.
- You need 2 Tbs of ginger paste.
- It’s 2 Tbs of garlic paste.
- You need 2 Tbs of raw papaya paste.
- It’s 3 tsp of rose water.
- Prepare 40 grams of cashews.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground green cardamoms.
- You need 4 Tbs of roasted ground chanadal.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder Salt to taste.
- You need 4-6 Tbs of To FryGhee to shallow fry – about.
- It’s of For Naan:.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1/4 oz of active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons).
- Prepare 2-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil some oil, for greasing the skillet.
These delicate kebabs are served with naan, sauces and fresh onion/coriander salad The Galouti Kebab on Crispy Naan is an appetizer with such an attractive appearance and awesome flavour that it will capture everybody's attention. It does involve a bit of effort but it is not difficult per se, and is surely worth the time you put in. More so, if you are serving it at a party because you will be repaid with immense compliments! Galouti kebab is a melt in mouth kebab with a distinct flavour of cloves.
Galouti Kebab with Naan instructions
- For Kabab: Grind together ginger, garlic, raw papaya skin, cinnamon stick and green cardamom..
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion slices till they turn golden in colour. Keep them aside..
- In the same pan, fry cashew nuts..
- Grind all the ingredients, except the ghee, till they turn into a smooth paste..
- Clean the meat so there is no sinew and fat left on it..
- Mix both the pastes with the meat along with salt and chilli powder, and allow them to rest in the refrigerator for six to eight hours..
- Add the lamb fat and pass it through the meat mincer twice..
- Now add the left over ghee and rose water to the mixture and allow it to rest for 30 minutes..
- Mince the mixture again for another six times. (This will ensure the mechanical tenderising of the meat with enzymes from the papaya skin that will make your kebabs supersmooth)..
- Now, heat ghee in a shallow but thick bottomed frying pan and drop the meat mince on it in little quantities. Press lightly with a spatula to form a round shape..
- Allow the kebabs to cook for three to four minutes and gently flip them to cook the other side for two more minutes..
- Galauti Kebabs are ready..
- Serve with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- For Naan: In a small bowl, add the sugar, warm water, and yeast together. Stir to combine well..
- The yeast should be activated when it becomes foamy, about 10 minutes..
- Transfer the flour to a flat surface and make a well in the middle..
- Add the yeast mixture, yoghurt, and oil, knead the dough until the surface becomes smooth and shiny, about 10 minutes..
- Cover the dough with a samp cloth and let it rise in a warm place (for example: beside the stovetop or warm oven)..
- The do ugh should double in size, about 1 hour..
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions..
- Roll the dough to a 8” circle using a rolling spin..
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) over high heat and lightly grease the surface with some oil to avoid the dough from sticking to the skillet. Place the dough on the skillet..
- When it puffs up and bubbles and burnt spots appear, flip it over and cook the other side..
- Repeat the same until all dough are done..
- Naan is ready then serve with kabab, serve warm..
Originally made with lamb meat mince with a tenderizer during the time of Nawabs in Lucknow. These Galouti kebab are marinated with some exotic spices and flavours and are given smoke flavour with cloves. Galouti Kebab – Marinated lamb mince patties, slowly cooked in own juices until crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside. These delicate kebabs are served with naan, sauce and fresh onion/coriander salad Seekh Kebab – Lamb marinated overnight gives this kebab it's unique soft texture. And one such chronicle is that of the invention of the famous Galaouti Kebab.