Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco. Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco. Here is how you cook it. Ingredients of Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco.
Discover recipes, cooks, videos, and how-tos based on the food you love You can have meat kofta, seafood kofta or even a vegetarian kofta. But today's kofta kebab recipe is one of the more popular dishes in Egypt-a mixture of ground beef and lamb, blended with onions, garlic, parsley and a few of my favorite Middle Eastern spices including, allspice , cardamom , sumac , and nutmeg. I'm not a big fan of gamey sausage, so I don't use any lamb. You can cook Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco
- Prepare 1 kg of ground beef or lamb / carne molida que SI tenga grasa.
- You need 1 medium of Onion very finely chopped / cebolla picada fino.
- You need 3/4 cup of fine chopped parsley / manojo de perejil solo usar hojitas picado fino.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander/ cilantro seco.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of finely chopped Peppermint.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin / comino.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of water / agua.
- You need 2 piece of garlic crushed/ ajos exprimidos.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to the taste / Sal al gusto.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper / Pimienta negra molido fino.
The key here though is the mint leaves. Get plenty so that you'll have at least a quarter cup of leaves packed into a measuring cup. You just can't use dried parsley or dried mint and get the right flavor profile. If you can, run the beef and onions through a food grinder twice.
Ground Beef kofta / Carnasa tipo turco step by step
- Mix everything together with your hands.
- Mezclar y amasar todo junto con las manos.
- Roll the meet into a 10 cm tube and introduce the squewers.
- Formar las carnasas y introducir la brocheta.
- Put some a vegetable oil in a frying pan low heat./ poner un poco de aceite en el sarten a fuego bajo.
- When you are ready to eat them Cook under low heat rolling constantly so the meat doesn't dry up / Momentos antes de sentarse a la mesa, cocinar bajo fuego lento moviendo constante para q queden jugosas y no se doren..
If you don't have a grinder, pulse the onion in a food processor until chopped finely and then add the beef and pulse until it reaches quite a fine consistency. Kofta is ground meat, mixed with onion and fresh herbs like parsley, and seasoned delicately with a few spices. There are many versions of Kofta. This one is a delicious way to use tahini. Tahini has a nutty and earthy flavour and the lemon juice cuts through that.