Kenyan Kebab. Kenyan kebabs are a specialty of my country, and are the perfect savoury mid-morning or late-evening snack, along with a cup of Kenyan tea. They are easy to prepare and taste absolutely amazing, especially when served with some sort of tamarind sauce to dip into. There's something special about Kenyan Mutton Kebabs and it has to do with the egg coating.
I also used curry powder to keep the flavours simple but you can add any other herbs and spices that you may like. Kebab Recipe and how to cook: Most people believe that kebabs can only be prepared by experts in the hospitality industry but far from it,one can actually make some at home with this recipe. Procedure of Cooking Kebab meal, Kenyan recipe/Photo I remember the first time I ate a kebab. You can have Kenyan Kebab using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Kenyan Kebab
- It’s 1 kG of minced meat.
- It’s 1 of Ginger.
- You need 1 of Garlic,2 beef cubes,soy sauce optional.
- Prepare 1/2 loaf of bread.
- It’s 1 of Eggs.
- You need 1 kg of flour.
- It’s 1 kg of Onions.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For coating.
- You need 16 of eggs.
I remember standing very eagerly in a sweaty, packed Kenchic, in a queue that never seemed to move any faster, One of my favorite snacks of all time, with a #ktwist that you will fall inlove with! My mini kenyan style kebabs with the flavors of garlic and cumin will be your fave! Kenyan Kebab I have always loved to eat them but had no idea how to cook them but now i do.this recipe is for restaurant kebabs. These beef kebabs are a popular street snack in Kenya and this particular homemade version is really good and flavorful.
Kenyan Kebab step by step
- Soak the bread in water till soft.
- Chop the onion and spring onion to small cubes fry them in oil with the crushed garlic and ginger till tender but not brown.
- Add it to the minced meat and knead in add one egg and the breadcrumbs see my recipe on how to make homemade breadcrumbs.season with salt.
- Form into ball first then into sausage like shape.
- Put in the fridge for 20 minutes to set the shape.
- Remove from fridge coat in flour then.deep fry in hot oil..
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Fry in oil remove when brown.
- Repeat the process coat.in flour then egg and fry again.
- Do the process a third time in the egg only n fry when brown let.oil drip in serviette.serve.
The Spruce / Acme Food Arts / Photodisc / Getty Images. Almost a complete meal on a stick, this beef kebab features top sirloin, onions, peppers, and pineapple—all you need for serving is a bed of rice. The marinade hints of Asian flavors, combining soy sauce and ginger with sherry, brown sugar, and garlic, adding wonderful flavor to the beef while keeping it tender. Cut the ingredients into similar-size pieces and prepare as the recipe directs. When a Pakistani friend of mine in college introduced me to the little packets of pre-blended seekh kebab spices at our local Indian market, it was something of a revelation.