Lauki Kofta Curry. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home. I had never heard nor knew that a curry is made from bottle gourd koftas.
Lauki Kofta Curry is a simple recipe, with which cooking becomes not only less tedious but also healthier as the kofta are steamed rather than fried. Cook the gravy on a medium flame to avoid burning of spices and onions. Highly recommended for heart patients as it is low in sodium and fat apart from being high in potassium. You can cook Lauki Kofta Curry using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Lauki Kofta Curry
- It’s 1 cup of grated & squeezed lauki.
- It’s 2 cup of besan.
- Prepare 2 tsp of milk powder.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dhaniajeera powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes puree.
- Prepare 1 Packet of Aamsa red gravy premix masala.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of homemade cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped coriander.
- Prepare As needed of Onion, Cucumber slices for garnishing.
Lauki kofta curry is a simple and hearty Indian style vegan kofta curry. The vegetarian kofta prepared with bottle gourd is dunked in a spicy curry. This kofta recipe will completely change your mind about lauki (bottle gourd) and make you fall in love with it. Serve lauki ke kofte with steamed rice, chapati, raita and salad for a wholesome.
Lauki Kofta Curry instructions
- Add milk powder in grated & Squeezed lauki and mix well..
- Add besan,salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida dhaniajeera powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice, oil and baking soda and mix well..
- Make kofta from ready batter in aappe kadai to make it Healthy with Very little oil. Cook it crispy from both side..
- For curry mix premix with milk and make smooth puree. Heat a pan add butter and oil and add tomatoes puree and cook till oil releases..
- Add premix puree and cook till thickens add butter and homemade cream and cheese mix well cook for a while..
- Add chopped coriander in a gravy. To serve first arrange lauki kofta in a bowl and pour YUMMY tasty gravy on top garnishing with grated cheese and coriander and onion cucumber slices..
Lauki Kofta curry is very popular curry recipe from Hyderabad. For those who does not know, Lauki Kofta = deep fried balls made from bottle gourd and some spices. So, lauki kofta curry means fried bottle gourd balls in onion-tomato gravy. Lauki Kofta Curry has these koftas prepared with lauki in a larger proportion, in comparison to potato, to minimize the caloric value of the dish. Also, koftas are not deep fried, but are simmered and cooked in the gravy itself.