Microwave Chocolate Cake. This is my own version of the chocolate microwave mug cake. Chocolate chips make this recipe even better. The consistency is dense and cakey.
Tips and Tricks to making Chocolate Cake in the Microwave: You can substitute the eggs with apple sauce, buttermilk, or banana. For quantities reference my Egg Substitute Chart.; Use any type of yogurt e.g./ plain, Greek, or even dairy free; Don't be tempted to use hot chocolate powder instead of cocoa powder. They are not the same thing. You can cook Microwave Chocolate Cake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Microwave Chocolate Cake
- You need 4 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil/butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
The secret is this is a microwave Chocolate Cake recipe. The magic happens in the microwave. That's all you need to whip up this magical, chocolatey, easy Microwave Cake. Since all microwaves cook differently, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Microwave Chocolate Cake step by step
- In a mug, put the 4 tbsp all purpose flour.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix.
- Add the baking powder and sugar then continue mixing.
- To the mixture, add milk.
- Add the oil and the vanilla essence,mix them till you acquire a thick paste.
- Microwave for two minutes.
To serve, let the cake cool five minutes, then cover the bowl with a plate and turn both bowl and plate upside down so the cake falls onto the plate. Remove and check if the cake is cooked by poking a skewer into the middle: if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. Add the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla if using and. And does it look yummy or what! Finally, I found a scratch cake recipe that is made in the microwave and it only takes five minutes to make!