Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe). One of the best cake recipes your ever going to find. Been cooking cakes for over ten years this recipe is easy moist texture and elasticity is perfect for chocolate cake. The type of cocoa is crucial.
My Easy Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe was created after getting quite a few comments from people who were confused about the low baking temperature of this cake. Yes, this is an amazing chocolate cake recipe. This cake is easy, moist, decadent, soft, chocolaty smothered with cocoa cream cheese frosting that melts in your mouth. You can cook Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe)
- You need 225 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 350 g of castor sugar.
- It’s 85 g of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 250 ml of milk.
- You need 125 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 250 ml of boiling water.
- It’s 200 g of plain chocolate – we use 100g Green&Black Milk, and 100g dark.
- Prepare 200 ml of double cream.
It is a delicious, elegant and tall cake. This simple chocolate cake uses basic ingredients that you might already have. all-purpose flour; granulated. Sift together the flour, cocoa, bicarb soda and salt. Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl.
Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe) step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 2 20cm baking tins. All we had was 1 square glass dish, hence the three layers and the square shape!.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture well until its smooth and combined..
- Add the boiling water, little at a time, until smooth..
- Divide the batter between two cake tins, and bake for 25-35 minutes..
- Meanwhile make the icing: heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove it from heat, and whisk until smooth and thick. Set aside to cool for about 2 hours, or until thick enough to spread. My partner skipped this step, and just poured it over the cake! Still yummy though!.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely before icing it! To ice, remove the cakes from the tins. Either pour or spread a little icing on the top of one of the cakes, then carefully top it with the other cake. Finally, cover the entire cake with icing and serve!.
Also, if you've ever wondered why some chocolate cake recipes (like this one) call for boiling water, it's because it helps bloom the cocoa powder, giving the cake a deeper chocolate flavor. For a softer cake, you can substitute cake flour for the all-purpose flour. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. The secret to a moist chocolate cake lies in replacing butter with oil, and this easy recipe does just that. This is a straightforward, one-bowl batter thatâ€™s sure to become part of your recipe book forever.