Cabbage Kofta. Curry. Cabbage kofta recipe With step by step photos – cabbage kofta is a rich and delicious curry dish, very popular in north India. Koftas are fried dumplings that can be made from different vegetables like lauki (bottle gourd), carrots, zucchini, spinach, potatoes or even mix vegetables. Cabbage Kofta Curry is actually a good Mughlai recipe with less fat coupled with cabbage and channa dal made in spiced yoghurt saucy gravy.
Recipe with cabbage- I have thickly grated cabbage. You can also chop it finely. Other Ingredients- I have used gram flour, ginger, curd and other spices. You can cook Cabbage Kofta. Curry using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Cabbage Kofta. Curry
- It’s of For pakoras.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of grated cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 cup of besan or as needed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilly powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ajwain.
- You need 1 pinch of hing.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, 1" ginger.
- You need 2 of green chilly and 1 tomato.
- You need of grind it and make fine paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil.
Kofta lovers will also like Soya Kofta and Loki kofta. Cabbage kofta can be enjoyed with a gravy as kofta curry. Just add your kofta in your favorite gravy. Cabbage kofta curry is delicious, healthy and not too spicy curry.
Cabbage Kofta. Curry instructions
- Boil chopped cabbage in pressure cooker till three whistles..
- Once it is done. Cool it and open the lid. Cool it and transfer to a bowl. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder..
- Cumin powder, dhania powder and ajwain, hing.
- Salt and oil. Mix….well..
- Knead smooth dough. From the dough make a kofta shape..
- Preheat Air Fryer for 180 degree C. Brush oil in the basket. Brush oil in kofta and keep in basket for 10 minutes..
- Once it is done. Keep aside..
- Heat oil Kadai. Add cumin seeds. Add red chilly powder and grind paste..
- Saute it for few minutes. Add water in masala. Fry till the raw smell of masala goes off. Then add water as needed..
- When it starts boiling add kofta. Add bay leaf and gar am masala..
- Cover and cook till it is gravy..
- Then add fresh cream. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Ready to serve….with….hot….phulkas..
Preparing the curry is very simple and easy to cook. Once done, drain the water from the cabbage and channa dal through a muslin cloth and keep the water aside. Cabbage Kofta Curry Recipe is simple, easy yet delicious. Cabbage kofta is flavorful, rich dish which can be served with roti, chapati or rice. Koftas are basically fried dumplings which can be made with many vegetables.