Kofta curry. This Indian meatball curry is savory, slightly spicy and full of flavor. You can use any ground meat to make this – I personally prefer beef or lamb when making kofta curry. Whatever type of meat you choose – know that it'll be minced in a food processor , resulting in a truly melt-in-your-mouth meatball.
Kofta is a meatball in the cuisines of South Asia, the Middle East, the Balkans and Central Asia. In its simplest form, the recipe for kofta curry consists of meatballs made with beef, lamb, chicken, or pork, that are mixed with spices and/or onions and served in a creamy sauce. What are the different versions of kofta? You can have Kofta curry using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kofta curry
- Prepare 1/2 kg of ghia or bottle gourd.
- Prepare 2 of large onions, grated.
- You need 3 of tomoatoes, grate.
- You need 1 tbsp of each of ginger and garlic paste or chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies, grinded with tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of haldi / turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dhania / coriander powder.
- It’s 1 TSP of red chilli powder.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s As required of Oil for frying.
- It’s 1/2 cup of besan.
- It’s 1 TSP of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped coriander.
Kofta curry Recipe is spicy gravy dish made with delicious mince meat balls. It is commonly consumed in Pakistan and India. Curry or gravy is prepared with fried onions and tomatoes having spices like red chili, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and whole spice powder. Kofta curry is a delicious dish of succulent grilled or broiled beef meatballs in a rich, creamy and spicy sauce.
Kofta curry instructions
- First to prepare koftas, grate the ghia..squeeze some water..not all….now add it in a pan, add the 1/2 cup besan to it with salt and red chilli powder keeping in mind that the gravy would also have salt and chilli..
- Mix them nicely. Heat the oil on a medium flame and prepare koftas..small batch at a time….you can make them in round shape..mine are not round as no one eats round koftas here. Drain them and keep them on an absorbent paper..
- Now, in another kadai..add oil and upon heating add the grated onion and saute it on medium flame till brown. Now add haldi, red chilli and Coriander powder. Add some water so that the masala mix..
- Now add the ginger and garlic..saute for. Minute till the aroma comes and then add grated tomatoes. Sautee them on medium to low flame for 5 minutes or till the oil separates..
- Now add salt. Add around water to it and let it boil….when the gravy is properly mixed add the koftas. Stir once and switch off the gas within 5in..
- Garnish with garam masala powder and chopped coriander and serve hot with chapatis..
- The kofta curry is ready..
It is full of fragrant Indian spices and makes a great weeknight dinner. This easy low carb meatball curry recipe is also freezer friendly. Great tips for lightening up the sauce included. Make it with ground lamb or gluten free. #Indianfood #kofta #curry #beef Beef Kofta Curry, or simply kofte, is a classic Pakistani curry made of tender meatballs simmered in a spicy, flavorful sauce. This recipe has all the traditional flavor of old-fashioned kofte but it's made in an easier, more approachable way.