Liver kebab. Liver kebabs or skewers (kouah) are one of the most common street foods in Morocco. They're available in practically every weekly souk and are a staple at many grill joints, vendor stands and restaurants throughout the country. This is actually one of our favorite fast food options if we are in a hurry or if we crave a takeaway meal.
What you need to make these grilled lamb liver kebabs Made with just about any kind of meat, kebabs are classic Iranian street food. Lamb is the predominant red meat eaten in Iran, and its liver is a delicacy. Lemon, garlic and fresh basil nicely balance the liver's mineral flavor. You can cook Liver kebab using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Liver kebab
- It’s 500 mg of liver.
- It’s 4 of maggi cubes.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried mixture of ginger,clove,masoro and garlic.
- It’s 3 of medium size tomatoes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need of Medium size cucumber.
- Prepare 2 of sweet pepper.
- Prepare 5 of soaked skewers.
Liver Shish Kebab is the 'only' kebab variety that people prefer to eat in the early mornings as breakfast in Adana city of Turkey. Yes, you read it right and your eyes are fine. Next, the liver should be carefully cubed, seasoned and floured, ready to saute in butter or oil. For garnish, red onions are sliced thinly and tossed with salt, chopped Italian parsley, and sumac , a tangy dark-red spice common in the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
Liver kebab step by step
- Wash your liver and cut it in medium sizes, transfer it in a bowl.
- Put diced onions, maggi and spices on the liver, mix it and marinate for 3-4hrs in the refrigerator.
- Dice your tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and red/sweet pepper.
- Arrange your liver in your soaked (soaking skewers in water for atleast 3mins help in preventing it from burning) skewers, pass liver first through the skewers, onion, sweet pepper, cucumber and then tomatoes..
- Brush it with vegetable oil and place it on your preheated oven at 200° temperature.
- Leave it for atleast 1hr 10mins. And it's done!.
Now add the liver and fry over a medium heat to seal. Do not overcook the liver or it will become hard and leathery. Serve with warm fresh nan and perhaps a salad. Grind coriander, cinnamon, cloves, garlic and ginger to a fine paste. Mix curds, pepper and ground spices.