Shami Kebab. Shami kabab or shaami kabab (Urdu: شامی کباب , Hindi: शामी कबाब, Bengali: শামী কাবাব) literally meaning "Syrian Kebab" is a local variety of kebab, originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is part of the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent and a popular dish in modern-day Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines. Shami kebab is a popular local variety of kebab from the Indian subcontinent.
Shami kebabs were apparently invented by a highly skilled chef for a toothless Nawab of Lucknow. The Nawab was so fat from overindulgence that he couldn't get on a horse, and his teeth were all. Shami Kabab, also called and written Shami Kebab is a very famous variation of Kababs in the sub continent. You can have Shami Kebab using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Shami Kebab
- You need 1 cup of ChanaDal.
- Prepare 1/2 Kilo of boneless chicken.
- Prepare 1 small of onion.
- You need 4 of round Red chilli.
- Prepare Pinch of turmeric.
- It’s 1 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Cumin.
Although, origin of Shami Kababs is Afghanistan, it has been adopted as a regular food in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Kababs are cooked with slight difference in different Asian Cuisines in terms of spices, ingredients and cooking style. Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe – About Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe: When it comes to starters, Chicken Shami Kebab is one of the best non-vegetarian snacks to be served. You will not only love eating it, but also enjoy cooking this quick snack.
Shami Kebab step by step
- Take a pressure cooker and add all the ingredients except bread crumbs and corn flour in it and pressure cook with 1/4 the cup of water untill it gets soft..
- Once it gets cooked, don't switch off the flame and let it dry the completely. Means water get absorbed and evaporated from chicken and mash it well..
- Now blend it in blender or mixer. Add salt to taste. Remove it to pan and make sure it gets dry and have no water..
- Now add corn flour and bread crumbs and mix well.Add 2 tbsp coriander and 1 tbsp mint leaves..
- Keep it in fridge to set for while..
- Now shape it in any ways of your choice. make the and heat oil in a pan and pan fry until it gets cooked both side..
- Serve hot with dipping sauce and garnish with lemon wedges, charred tomatoes and coriander..
Shami kebabs are succulent minced chicken/lamb with chana dal with spicy masala filling inside and crispy fried on the outside. Shami Kabab Recipe in English is an easy and traditional cooking recipe to prepare at home. It provides you an awesome taste of Appetizer and Snack Recipes. Shami Kebab Recipe – About Shami Kebab Recipe Kebab Recipe: Kebabs are known to be a famous in the Indian and surrounding regions like Pakistan and Bangladesh.