A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter. My older sister taught me this recipe a while ago. Anybody who receives this chiffon cake will be happy. Carefully place top layer over filling.
You can make this chocolate chiffon cake with a simple whisk and bowl, but I highly recommend using an electric mixer or a stand mixer for beating egg whites to save your arm from falling off. First, mix wet ingredients in one bowl and add dry ingredients. Regular size chocolate chips would be fine, but mini chocolate chips mean more in each bite. You can have A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter using 15 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter
- It’s 1 of Chiffon cake batter.
- You need 4 of ○Egg whites (L).
- Prepare 50 grams of ○Sugar.
- Prepare 4 of △ Egg yolks (L).
- It’s 20 grams of △ Sugar.
- It’s 40 ml of ●Vegetable oil or olive oil.
- It’s 70 ml of ●Milk or water.
- It’s 65 grams of ▲Flour (cake flour).
- You need 10 grams of ▲Cocoa Powder (sugar free).
- Prepare of Cream:.
- Prepare 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of bar Bar of chocolate (dark/black) about 60g.
- Prepare 1 of bar Bar of chocolate (milk) about 60g.
- It’s of Decorations:.
- Prepare 1 of Cocoa powder (sugar free).
How to Bake a Chocolate Cake. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
A Simple Chocolate Cake Made Using Chiffon Batter instructions
- Please refer tofor an in-depth process. Do so for Steps 4~7..
- Spread out cooking paper in the pan..
- Combine the ▲flour and ▲cocoa by sifting together. This time I made it with 5g of (sugarless) cocoa, and 5g of dark/black cocoa ..
- Return the heavy cream to room temperature..
- Start preheating the oven to 180°C for 14 minutes..
- Add the ○ sugar to the egg whites in 3-4 turns, and whip until peaks form. Point : Please slowly whisk for one minute at the lowest setting in the end..
- Add the △ sugar to the egg yolks all at once, mix until white, then add in all of the ● ingredients and stir together..
- Add the sifted powder to the egg yolk bowl little by little, and mix with an egg beater or a spatula..
- Add the meringue into Step 8 in 2-3 turns, and mix without mashing the meringue..
- Place the batter into the pan, and flatten out with a dough scraper or a spatula..
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 14 minutes..
- Wrap the freshly baked cake while it's still hot with a large piece of plastic wrap so that it's airtight..
- Place Step 12 into a large plastic bag, and let cool completely..
- Melt the chocolate in a hot water bath, add in the heavy cream that has been returned to room temperature while still in the hot water bath, and stir together..
- After stirring, place into an ice water bath, cool while stirring, and stir for an additional 7 minutes with a mixer once it cools..
- Cut the cake in half once it cools..
- Cut a clear file in half, adjust the length, and use it as a combined stand to move it easily and conveniently. Try it out!.
- Thickly coat the sponge cake cut in half with the cream..
- Cover with the other half of the cake, and coat all over with the remaining cream. Use a knife for the top. We will cut the edges in order to prevent them from drying out..
- How to wrap in plastic wrap: We will cut around the edges, so sticking several toothpicks around the edges so that it doesn't stick to the plastic wrap will allow you to lightly wrap it..
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of two ours to let the flavor soak in..
- After it has chilled, remove the toothpicks, and coat the entire cake in cocoa..
- After coating in cocoa, Cut around the edges in 4 places. Cut into your desired sizes, and it's done..
- I also have a plain version. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171371-simple-shortcake-made-with-chiffon-cake.
The best way to combat this is to "plug" the space where the sides meets the base with butter, and place a tray on the bottom of the oven to catch drips (don't put cake pans on the tray, it affects heat circulation). This light and airy cake is one of my favourite things to make. Unlike other sponge cakes, chiffon cake is low in sugar and is very moist. It's fluffiness is achieved by folding in whipped egg whites (meringue) with the batter, and the fact that it is baked in a tube pan allows it to rise tall and not collapse. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.