Bottle gourd kofta curry. Bottle gourd, known as lauki (ghiya) in Hindi and Dudhi in Gujarati, is generally not a popular vegetable in every household but it makes one of the best Indian curries – Lauki Kofta Curry in which deep-fried koftas (round shaped deep fried spicy dumplings) made of grated bottle gourd, gram flour, rice flour and ginger-garlic paste are cooked in spicy gravy of tomato and cashew nuts. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home.
This dough for lauki kofta is then made into small balls which are then deep fried to make lauki koftas. The lauki kofta is golden brown from outside and soft from inside. Lauki Kofta is a delicious curry made of bottle gourd dumplings (aka koftas) dunked in a flavorful gravy. You can have Bottle gourd kofta curry using 23 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Bottle gourd kofta curry
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of grated bottle gourd.
- You need 5 Tablespoons of gram flour.
- Prepare 2 Table spoon of Rice flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli,finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of finely chopped onion.
- You need as required of Oil for deep frying.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of For gravy.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cashews nuts,soaked in water for 20 min.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Garam masala powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of thick curd.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
This restaurant style gravy is a delight, which is relished by all. Bottle gourd also known as Lauki (Sorekai in Kannada) is a boring veggie to many especially kids. lauki kofta recipe how to make bottle gourd kofta curry with detailed photo and video recipe. simple, healthy bottle guard recipe or lauki recipe prepared from deep fried grated bottle gourd with tomato and onion based sauce. this is an ideal curry and and best alternative to traditional malai kofta curry and can be easily served with roti or chapathi. Method: grate the bottle gourd add salt a lil salt n keep aside for ten min i mean while onion tomatoes coriander leaves keep aside squeeze the xcess water from the grated gourd to that add besan flour lil ginger paste chopped chillies coriander leaves salt n mix well and make balls out of it- deep fry for three min or so for the curry add ghee add wholesome spices t fry onion till pink add.
Bottle gourd kofta curry step by step
- Method for kofta. Peel the grate Lauki squeeze out the water completely and keep that water for making gravy..
- Take squeezed grated Lauki in a large bowl.Add gram flour,rice flour,turmeric powder,ginger garlic paste,finely chopped green chilli,finely chopped onion and salt..
- Mix all ingredients well.mixture should have a thick consistency to make round shaped balls.if it is watery then add 1-2 teaspoon gram flour and mixe.
- Grease your palms with oil and divide mixture into 10 to 12 portion take each portion and turn it into round shaped balls..
- Heat oil in friying pain over medium flame for deep frying when oil is medium hot add 3 – 4 balls at a time stir occasionally and deep fry until they turn light golden brown and crisp take them out using slotted spoon drain excess oil and place them over kitchen tissue in a plate..
- Method for gravy. Blanch the tomatoes and crush them with cashew nuts to make tomato cashew puree.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium flame add cumin seeds and cook until they sizzle 7- 10 Seconds.add ginger garlic paste and stir fry for 30-40 Seconds add chopped onion and stir fry until it turns light pink in color.
- Add tomatoes cashew puree and mix well sti fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder,coriander powder,Garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt add for gravy mix well and stir fry for a minutes..
- Add thick curd and mix.
- Stir fry for a minutes.
- Add Lauki water and 1/2 cup water and cook over medium flame for 3 – 4 minutes stir in between occasionally..
- Add fried kofta balls to the gravy.
- Cook for 5 – 6 minutes and turn off flame..
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves..
- It's ready to serve now.
How to make Lauki Kofta curry : Take some grated bottle gourd, press out the juice, add chickpea flour, green chilli , ginger paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt. Add carom seeds, green coriander, mix all ingredients well. once ready , keep dough aside to puff up. Lauki ki sabzi or bottle gourd curry is a common dish prepared in almost all Indian households. Even though bottle gourd provides a number of health benefits and is advised to have regularly, not many like its taste, especially kids. Most mothers often face the dilemma of 'to serve or not to serve' lauki ki sabzi as chances are it will be left untouched.