Chicken kebab with homemade barbecue sauce.. Spiced chicken, peppers, pineapple, onions and bacon are skewered, basted with bbq sauce, and grilled to perfection! This Grilled BBQ Chicken Kabob recipe is one of those that we love to make since it's so customize-able. Make a quick and easy chilli sauce to accompany our doner kebab recipe for a takeaway classic at home.
These Chicken Kabobs are packed with flavor from a homemade rub and then brushed with BBQ Sauce right before they are done grilling. Plus, you can make these in the oven or on a grill pan if you don't want to grill outside! So delicious and great for easy summer grilling during the week! You can have Chicken kebab with homemade barbecue sauce. using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Chicken kebab with homemade barbecue sauce.
- You need 1 kg of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 2-3 of pointy peppers (mixed colour).
- You need 1 box of scarlet tomatoes.
- It’s of For the chicken seasoning:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika (smoky or sweet).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme (dried).
- You need 1 tsp of basil (dried).
- Prepare 1 tsp of rosemary (dried).
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley (dried).
- You need of For the barbecue sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves (finely chopped).
- It’s 85 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of vinegar (malt).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
I have made these BBQ chicken kebabs with the homemade sauce originally included with the recipe and it is good, but I prefer a slightly sweeter sauce. If you're like me, you might want to try this Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce copycat. Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce. These Grilled Chicken Kabobs are marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, za'atar, and garlic and served with a cucumber yogurt sauce on the side.
Chicken kebab with homemade barbecue sauce. instructions
- Mix the all the ingredients of the chicken seasoning..
- Dice the chicken breasts up into bigger block chunks. Then Rub the spice blend all over the chicken breasts and expect super flavorful result. Rest the meat in the spices for 45 minutes..
- Dice the vegetables to bigger chunk as well & dipping all of them into the same seasoning for about 30 minutes to an hour..
- Pull the chicken breast and vegetables alternately on skewers. Place on an oiled baking tray or grill and roast them..
- For the homemade barbecue sauce, heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat 4-5 mins, until softened. Add remaining ingredients, season and mix. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins, until thickened. For a smooth sauce, simply whizz the mixture in a food processor or with a hand blender for a few seconds..
You can use either chicken breasts or thighs. I use both depending on what I have on hand. Add oomph to chicken kebabs with yogurt, Indian spices and chillies. This smoky, flavour-packed tandoori shawarma can be cooked on the barbecue or in the oven. Nothing beats sticky chicken with barbecue sauce.