Chicken Shish Kebabs. The kabobs are great, but one of my favorite ways to use this is as a sandwich: leave the chicken breasts intact, or cut in half to fit a hamburger bun. Otherwise, follow the recipe for marinating the chicken (I did put the garlic and onion in the marinade for flavor). Alternately thread pieces of the marinated chicken with pieces of bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms onto the skewers.
Enter my easy peasy Chicken Shish Kebabs! These babies look amazing, taste amazing, sound really rather fancy, but are in fact SUPER SIMPLE!! These grilled chicken kabobs are made with marinated chicken and colorful vegetables, all threaded onto skewers and cooked to perfection. You can have Chicken Shish Kebabs using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Table Of Contents
Ingredients of Chicken Shish Kebabs
- It’s of chosen meat and marinade.
- You need 500 grams of chicken breast, chopped into 3 inch chunks..
- You need 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp of cumin seeds (can use ground cumin).
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of english mustard powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark soy.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegatable oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic puree.
- You need 1/2 medium of onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dry cillantro.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of final part, use this just before grilling, OPTIONAL..
- Prepare 1 of light dusting with a mix of, garam masalla, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon before grilling or bar b queing. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE MARINADE..
An easy dinner that can also be baked in the oven! Chicken skewers are a classic summer dinner option. Learn how to make the juiciest grilled chicken kabobs with this easy chicken recipe. Cheers to the long weekend ahead everyone! ♡ I hope that lots of warm summery sunshine, ice cold drinks, flowy sundresses and flip flops, maybe some splashes in the pool, long evenings outdoors, and easy hangs with the people you love most are on the agenda wherever life.
Chicken Shish Kebabs step by step
- Mix all of the above ingredients (NOT THE OPTIONAL DUSTINGS) together with the chicken cover and leave to rest in a fridge for 6 hours..
- Remove from fridge, discard the bay leaves, then thread chicken on to scewers..
- Lightly dust with the spice mix. (Optional).
- Grill on a medium high heat until thoroughly cooked through. They should look a little charred at the edges and not pink in the middle..
- If you're not using a bar b que or a true char grill I like to brush mine lightly with my favorite BBQ sauce mid way through grilling..
- I serve mine on lettuce, fresh onions, red cabbage, cucumber and tomato's. In a large pitta bread with garlic Mayo or hot chilli sauce..
- Add comments..
Admittedly, grilling is the natural method for preparing chicken kabobs. I do have this excellent recipe for grilled chicken skewers and I make them often in the summer. Chicken breasts are a great choice for kabobs, but they're very lean and dry out more quickly than chicken thighs. Make sure to use a great marinade to protect the chicken, like this honey-glazed version. Another type of salad that goes well with grilled kabobs is a fortifying potato salad.